huge file size after rendering

Did you add a lot of things? If you add overlays, text and other effects, the file becomes bigger. The program can also render the video in a higher quality then the original file, upping the file size. As Laitz said, you will have to check what size and file type you are rendering on.

I think it is the codec that was rendered by default adding some extra things on the video properties. Make it same properties. Problem should be solved.

Does Sony Vegas have 'match source settings', youtube render option or something similar? You can google best Vegas settings for youtube.
Most of the time programs default to render settings with considerably high bitrate as to what they consider 'production' quality.

Check your render settings. Mine is always smaller than the source files, but still too large to upload to YT with my crappy connection (welcome to the Philippines ha ha). I use AVS editor to shrink it down. It cuts my Power Director render down to 1/3 of the original render size, with no visible or audible loss. My latest project was 12 minutes, a render size of 1.3 Gb with Power Director, after running it through AVS it is 415 Mb. Still 1280x720 HD

Back