huge file size after rendering

Plautus123

Reaction score
original file size was 60mb, after rendering it in Sony Vegas it became 360mb.
How is this possible?

Laitz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depending on your rendering method bit rate/ codec/re-scaling/etc... all those influence hard disk space
The higher bit rate of video the better quality on youtube.
This reminds me 4k gives you better bit rate on yt.
Here some recommendations for yt.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Plautus123

Reaction score
but I dont think the rendered file should be bigger than the original file that doesnt even make sense

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Did you add a lot of things? If you add overlays, text and other effects, the file becomes bigger. The program can also render the video in a higher quality then the original file, upping the file size. As Laitz said, you will have to check what size and file type you are rendering on.

Plautus123

Reaction score
no I only added my voice. And I halfed the video lengt How do I render to the original file qualitty?

Laitz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it is the codec that was rendered by default adding some extra things on the video properties. Make it same properties. Problem should be solved.

Jay R.

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Guru
Does Sony Vegas have 'match source settings', youtube render option or something similar? You can google best Vegas settings for youtube.
Most of the time programs default to render settings with considerably high bitrate as to what they consider 'production' quality.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Check your render settings. Mine is always smaller than the source files, but still too large to upload to YT with my crappy connection (welcome to the Philippines ha ha). I use AVS editor to shrink it down. It cuts my Power Director render down to 1/3 of the original render size, with no visible or audible loss. My latest project was 12 minutes, a render size of 1.3 Gb with Power Director, after running it through AVS it is 415 Mb. Still 1280x720 HD