How to use Twitter for getting exposure

i honestly feel twitter is a waste of time. I actually thought the same. when you start getting into twitter, you will see it is a bunch of automated responses/replies. I even used retweets from other twitters but think about it, all those people are YT creators also doing the same thing.

i also massed followed everyone, post my tweets from YT and has not have any difference. I get a bunch of follows from other business / YTbers as well - but to be plain and blunt, other youtubers in the game wont even look at your stuff. and 75% of them is sub 4 sub which harms your channel.

i honestly had no luck with twitter unless people actually start following you for who you really are and not really following you hoping you follow them back thinking you will look at their content

am I still doing it? sure I am. Did I get subs from twitter, yeah hoping i sub back to them. to be honest almost everyone on my subs from twitter doint even watch or comment my videos lol.

Absolutely everything this person said X10.

Bottom line is, is your target audience on Twitter?

I think Instagram is a better way
Hmm.. I've never tried Instagram for promoting my videos and channel before. Why do you think Instagram is better than Twitter?[DOUBLEPOST=1470666992,1470666815][/DOUBLEPOST]
Absolutely everything this person said X10.

Bottom line is, is your target audience on Twitter?
Hmmm.. Target audience? I don't really know xD I've been hearing from other YT creators that Twitter is the best place to promote your channel but I honestly don't know how to do it.

I highly suggest you automate your tweets. I like Twitter cuz I don't have to touch mines and it's like having employees that work for me 24/7 who I never have to pay. But the reality is, it's difficult to get views on it unless you get someone famous to tweet or retweet you. I make about 50 tweets between all my accounts a day, with about 1/4 of them promoting my videos and these are my analytics from the last 28 days

Screen_Shot_2016_08_08_at_12_38_48_PM.png

I have over 2700 followers on my main account in Twitter, but as can see, Twitter only gives 0.4% of my total views from external sources. So really consider if Twitter is for you. I use Twitter to promote my T-shirts, books and other stuff for my brand and have built some great relationships through it, so for me it's still worth it.

Last edited:
I highly suggest you automate your tweets. I like Twitter cuz I don't have to touch mines and it's like having employees that work for me 24/7 who I never have to pay. But the reality is, it's difficult to get views on it unless you get someone famous to tweet or retweet you. I make about 50 tweets between all my accounts a day, with about 1/4 of them promoting my videos and these are my analytics from the last 28 days

Screen_Shot_2016_08_08_at_12_38_48_PM.png

I have over 2700 followers on my main account in Twitter, but as can see, Twitter only gives 0.4% of my total views. So really consider if Twitter is for you. I use Twitter to promote my T-shirts, books and other stuff for my brand and have built some great relationships through it, so for me it's still worth it.

0.4% sounds about right. FB and Instagram are the same.
I suggest you spend 99.9% of your time focusing on your main traffic source. since you have it automated, ye, 1 minuter per day is the max I would spend on social media.
I'm amazed by the number of times people keep telling everyone to do social media when the traffic is abysmal.
If this was any retail store or restaurant and the product/item made 0.4% of sales, it would be taken off the shelf/menu and thrown in the dumpster out the back.

I suggest you spend 99.9% of your time focusing on your main traffic source. since you have it automated, ye, 1 minuter per day is the max I would spend on social media.
I'm amazed by the number of times people keep telling everyone to do social media when the traffic is abysmal.
If this was any retail store or restaurant and the product/item made 0.4% of sales, it would be taken off the shelf/menu and thrown in the dumpster out the back.

Overall I completely agree with you except with 99.9% part. I follow the 80-20 rule. So I spend 80% of my time on traffic that I know works. But I also believe in reserving 20% of my time experimenting with other ways. Sticking to only what you know works will prevent you from finding other methods that can potentially have a bigger ROI of your time and potentially become your new main traffic source . Like if Reddit bans my account for some reason or does something to its algorithms, I need to make sure I'm not entirely reliant on it.

Overall I completely agree with you except with 99.9% part. I follow the 80-20 rule. So I spend 80% of my time on traffic that I know works. But I also believe in reserving 20% of my time experimenting with other ways. Sticking to only what you know works will prevent you from finding other methods that can potentially have a bigger ROI of your time and potentially become your new main traffic source . Like if Reddit bans my account for some reason or does something to its algorithms, I need to make sure I'm not entirely reliant on it.

Agreed. 80/20 is good.

facebook and instagram are actually at 5.0 percent for me

i honestly feel twitter is a waste of time. I actually thought the same. when you start getting into twitter, you will see it is a bunch of automated responses/replies. I even used retweets from other twitters but think about it, all those people are YT creators also doing the same thing.

i also massed followed everyone, post my tweets from YT and has not have any difference. I get a bunch of follows from other business / YTbers as well - but to be plain and blunt, other youtubers in the game wont even look at your stuff. and 75% of them is sub 4 sub which harms your channel.

i honestly had no luck with twitter unless people actually start following you for who you really are and not really following you hoping you follow them back thinking you will look at their content

am I still doing it? sure I am. Did I get subs from twitter, yeah hoping i sub back to them. to be honest almost everyone on my subs from twitter doint even watch or comment my videos lol.

I hate when they DM you on sub4sub

Back