How to stay motivated until first 100 subs?

Keep your head up dude. I have 4 subscribers and I don't even have a public video yet...They came from twitter I believe, just posting about the content I will be uploading and replying to bigger twitter accounts with legitimate info and comments. People follow me on twitter because of that I have just under 50 followers there.

I know we talked about it before, your content is pretty good. I'd say just keep moving forward, keep working on reddit and twitter, etc. You will get yourself out there, just be patient.

Funny I decided to check my statistics, this should motivate the FAWWWK outta you.

You ready? Ok, Good.

1625484_10201013894104266_559037664_n.jpg

When I started Youtube, I kept telling myself - I will not stop. I won't.

I'm not some famous dude, but in my own personal world, it has paid off.

The thing is, you need to really want it. You need to love what you create. If anytime you upload a video, you end up watching it 10 times, it's for you. If you should treat it like a chore, yeah, not so good.

With YouTube, you have NO idea where you're going to be from one day to another.

That shouldn't stop you from creating great stuff, while the time you spend on there is unpredictable, nothing but good things should come your way if you just become the best at what you do.

For what it's worth, I watched a bit of your vids and dude, your quality is great! Most channels have s**t quality, games that EVERYONE else plays, and they talk like they've got something lodged up their a**.

DO NOT BE THAT PERSON. Be weird, PEOPLE LIKE DIFFERENT. The people that are famous on YouTube are famous for a reason, because they're not like all of the other commentators, they are different, and they really do have an entertaining personality that everyone, or... all of their fans like.

Please, I freaking beg of you, be different. The commentators that mumble throughout the duration of their videos have me close out immediately. It's just like being a girl on YouTube, your novelty wears out fast if you're boring. The "being a girl", only gets people clicking, but what counts is if you stay. Because if you are a funny/interesting/intriguing person, it works for you.

Why? Because no matter how boring the game, how lame the gameplay, if they add YOU into the equation, it saves the video. Others seem to think that if they have the personality of a f*****g card board box, they can play exciting games to compensate for their shittiness, it doesn't work that way.

Sorry for not reply sooner, I read this last night and was amazed at the quality and depth of it. Thanks a lot for this detailed reply, and while I got over the "not motivated" awhile ago, I still greatly appreciate this.

I started my Youtube journey on January 16th, and it's now March 11th, so almost 2 months in, and I have 80 subscribers, and almost 5,000 total views. I'm grateful, and honestly I'm starting to see bits of growth which keeps me motivated. I checked your channel out, @GoonOnFire, and I was wondering if you wanted to collaborate at all. I'll message you in private the details!

Also thanks to everyone else that gave their insightful replies. Appreciate everything!

I only got 5 so np it's all going well

True, but I checked out your content, and a lot of things are kind of flawed in your channel. Note, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you don't have like daily or consistent uploads, or a brand in your channel.

And this is honestly why I was frustrated earlier. Rest assured I'm fine now, because I'm actually getting significant growth, but earlier I was just baffled since I was doing everything right (or so I thought I was).

True, but I checked out your content, and a lot of things are kind of flawed in your channel. Note, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you don't have like daily or consistent uploads, or a brand in your channel.

And this is honestly why I was frustrated earlier. Rest assured I'm fine now, because I'm actually getting significant growth, but earlier I was just baffled since I was doing everything right (or so I thought I was).
True, my videos are really s****y, but they are here to say that i am staying, and will participate in the tube, not just watch, i don't really know what i'll do though yet

Just remember, 2k strangers have viewed your content :D It's a hard journey, but as long as you are having fun! Always look back at your content. I took long breaks because I was so discouraged, but when I looked back I had massive growth, so now I'm going to keep uploading daily content!

Keep up the good work mate! I think youre doing great! I started in the middle of february and almost got 30 subs as of now. Just keep on pushing out stuff youre proud of and people will enjoy! I always enjoy making my videos and I beleve that is what keeps me going.

I will head over to your channel and watch some of your videos right now! Cheers and goodluck :)

I just try to have fun with it. I technically started uploading videos over 6 years ago and haven't hit 75 subscribers yet, and I don't have any active subscribers at the moment.

I definitely believe you should change your focus and instead of watching your sub numbers and video views just make videos you are proud of where you are your genuine self and the numbers will come on their own. xx

Back