How to stay motivated until first 100 subs?

Motivation shouldn't be based on your sub count. A month and a half and 56 subs is good. It took me 3 months to reach 30.

I suggest not using websites like addmefast because those aren't real people. They're click farms. It will get you no where.

I'm having a very hard time staying motivated, as I'm just not getting there.

I started approx 1 month, 2 weeks ago ish, and I just don't know.

My stats so far:

56 Subscribers
4,000 Views, although only 1,000 are genuine, others I did a AdWords Campaign, which got me a lot of views.

I'm producing quality content, I just need more exposure.

I've started a Twitter, got 100 followers (Using AddMeFast), and a Facebook page with 500 likes. (Using AddMeFast).

I also have a blog set up, which has about 500 views right now, gets around 10 views daily.

What can I do that I haven't tried yet? Should I just keep truckin' along, and maybe in time I'll get my first 100 subs?

I'm long to get to the point where I can easily get 100 views on each of my videos, without having to go promote it on Reddit, forums etc.

Obviously I'll still promote it, but I just want natural views.

/rant
In my almost 2 years of doing youtube I have seen a lot of people come and go. It helps to find youtube friends that are around your same view/sub count. Find friends that are willing to watch and comment all your videos if you do the same to their videos. This will help you get nice feedback on your videos and help you stay motivated every time you put out a new video!

Check and compare your progress with your new friends. Your youtube numbers is like a leader board in a game you want to do better than your friends and keep ranking up higher and higher! Talk to your friends about what they like about your channel and don't like. Help motivate them and they will help motivate you back!

How much feelings does your youtube vids bring to people? Does it make them laugh or help them out? Once you start making great vids that serve a purpose (and more people see it) people will let you know how much they love you or/and your vids! This is the biggest motivation a youtuber can get to keep pushing hard!

They say don't do youtube for the money but... "If you do something that you love and get payed for it, you will never have to work a day in your life!" - Josh Keatley THAT IS A HUGE MOTIVATION TO PUSH YOUTUBE HARD!

There will always be folks doing better and worse than you. I just hit my 3 month mark and am at 44 subscribers so I'd love to have been at 56 after just six weeks. As others have already said, stick with it and make sure you are doing it for the right reasons. It takes time. :thumbsup2:

I'm in a similar boat to you, still under 100, but I try to treat it like I have an audience of 88,000 instead of just 88. But even still, I want people to enjoy my videos, and if that means that a few people had a chuckle, or watched through to the end - then I'm happy!

Funny I decided to check my statistics, this should motivate the FAWWWK outta you.

You ready? Ok, Good.

1625484_10201013894104266_559037664_n.jpg

When I started Youtube, I kept telling myself - I will not stop. I won't.

I'm not some famous dude, but in my own personal world, it has paid off.

The thing is, you need to really want it. You need to love what you create. If anytime you upload a video, you end up watching it 10 times, it's for you. If you should treat it like a chore, yeah, not so good.

With YouTube, you have NO idea where you're going to be from one day to another.

That shouldn't stop you from creating great stuff, while the time you spend on there is unpredictable, nothing but good things should come your way if you just become the best at what you do.

For what it's worth, I watched a bit of your vids and dude, your quality is great! Most channels have s**t quality, games that EVERYONE else plays, and they talk like they've got something lodged up their a**.

DO NOT BE THAT PERSON. Be weird, PEOPLE LIKE DIFFERENT. The people that are famous on YouTube are famous for a reason, because they're not like all of the other commentators, they are different, and they really do have an entertaining personality that everyone, or... all of their fans like.

Please, I freaking beg of you, be different. The commentators that mumble throughout the duration of their videos have me close out immediately. It's just like being a girl on YouTube, your novelty wears out fast if you're boring. The "being a girl", only gets people clicking, but what counts is if you stay. Because if you are a funny/interesting/intriguing person, it works for you.

Why? Because no matter how boring the game, how lame the gameplay, if they add YOU into the equation, it saves the video. Others seem to think that if they have the personality of a f*****g card board box, they can play exciting games to compensate for their shittiness, it doesn't work that way.

Well I've only been doing it for a month and I only have two subscribers... T-W-O, thats one plus one, thats... I can count them on my fingers and still have a whole lot of finger real estate left to work with! By my calculations you're 18x better than me so if I'm still going need to do too and 18 times harder! haha

Lots of good advice here already but I can chip two additional things in.

a) I turned monetization off after a few weeks. There is no point in it in the beginning anway as it is just pennies. The advantage though is that I don't even look at it from that standpoint now anymore.
b) Make videos because you WANT to do them. Sure it must be nice to have more subs but if you end up having tons of subs but don't make videos you like (or copy the style of others) you end up somewhere you don't want to be either.

Back