• Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

How to Promote Content that Isn't What You're "Popular" For?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
To sum up my channel a bit:

*I've been posting on YouTube since August 2018.
*I took a six month break around December, right as my sub count started growing.
*I just started posted again about a month ago, but I'm trying to change up my content because I'm not excited about the content that I was creating.

So, of my videos, my most popular are this reaction series that I do to the MTV reality show, "Are You the One?", as well as some videos about YouTube drama.

I absolutely DO NOT want to make any more drama videos. I made those back when I was trying many different "things" on my channel to see what stuck and I absolutely hate the negativity and b.s. that comes with those videos, so despite a lot of my subs coming from them, I just want to make content that I'm proud to post. I'm still doing the "Are You the One?" reactions, but those seasons only air twice a year so that content is limited.

I just posted a video a couple days ago called, "Full Face Using Only Taco Bell Products". It's a parody makeup tutorial where I do my makeup with items from Taco Bell. I thought the concept was funny and I was really happy with how it turned out, but....it's barely gotten any engagement. In that video, it's the first time on my channel where I felt like I was genuinely able to generate some of my actual personality for the camera (usually I'm nervous and overthink it), so I'm disappointed that no one is watching and getting a feel for the real me.

I get that my core audience subscribed for reality tv reactions and YouTube drama, but that's just not me and I don't want to make content that I hate simply for views.

How can I promote the content that I'm actually proud of and transition my channel?