How to Muffle certain sounds?

Honestly, with the setup you're using (Single microphone picking up vocals as well as room noise and echo) there is no way to remove the clicks with any degree of accuracy.

This kind of video is better served via headsets. Or 2 microphones on stands closer to your mouth.

If I was to hazard a guess, the mic you're using is closer to the controllers than it is to your mouths.

Not meaning to be rude, but it's a garbage in garbage out kind of scenario. You can't fix something in post if you didn't have decent quality going into it. The EQ suggestion won't resolve the problem and noise reduction will kill the remaining quality of your vocals due to the incredible number of clicks it would try to remove.

Honestly, with the setup you're using (Single microphone picking up vocals as well as room noise and echo) there is no way to remove the clicks with any degree of accuracy.

This kind of video is better served via headsets. Or 2 microphones on stands closer to your mouth.

If I was to hazard a guess, the mic you're using is closer to the controllers than it is to your mouths.

Not meaning to be rude, but it's a garbage in garbage out kind of scenario. You can't fix something in post if you didn't have decent quality going into it. The EQ suggestion won't resolve the problem and noise reduction will kill the remaining quality of your vocals due to the incredible number of clicks it would try to remove.

Agreed - the best option is to fix things while capturing, but making some tweaks in post can produce artifacts that are less egregious than the original problem.

Our audio quality is actually pretty high, but I figure if we move the mic upwards it will help a lot. The clicking is not that loud; but you definitely notice it during the video.

Absolutely, I just don't have confidence that the proliferation of clicks these guys are dealing with can be made pleasent. ;)

Our audio quality is actually pretty high, but I figure if we move the mic upwards it will help a lot. The clicking is not that loud; but you definitely notice it during the video.

There is an easy test so you can see my suggestion in action. Play Smash Bros single player and have the other person hold the mic about 6-12 inches in front of your mouth.

IMO the room echo hurts the production more than the clicking.

There is an easy test so you can see my suggestion in action. Play Smash Bros single player and have the other person hold the mic about 6-12 inches in front of your mouth.

IMO the room echo hurts the production more than the clicking.

Just out of curiosity; did you get a chance to watch one of our videos?

I have Sennheiser high quality headphones; apparently in lower quality headphones and such one can hear the clicking at a more extreme level.

To me it doesn't sound too bad, but I would prefer for future videos to get rid of the clicking. I honestly think it might be my buddy's third party controller and he sits more directly in front of the mic than I do. We will try all of the things above and see what works! :D

Just out of curiosity; did you get a chance to watch one of our videos?

I have Sennheiser high quality headphones; apparently in lower quality headphones and such one can hear the clicking at a more extreme level.

To me it doesn't sound too bad, but I would prefer for future videos to get rid of the clicking. I honestly think it might be my buddy's third party controller and he sits more directly in front of the mic than I do. We will try all of the things above and see what works! :D

Yep, I did get a chance to listen to it. I'm using Sennheiser sport buds right now but they have decent enough audio to get a feel for it. When I say the room echo hurts more than the clicking it's because the clicking can be almost expected with two gamers in a room playing Smash Bros. The echo is more jarring to the listener.

The primary issue is the positioning of the microphone. You have a room not treated for sound and the mic is far enough away from both of you that the echo of the sound off the walls and the controller button clicks are comparable in volume to that of your voice.

If the microphone is closer to you (6-12 inches), the power/input volume of your voice is quite a bit higher which when you mix it later drowns out the echo that is present in most rooms and will do the same for button clicks.

Back