How to make food vlog more exciting?

After having
I have a travel vlog and I've gotten to try lots of cool food, and tried to make a video like 3 times, but it ends up being boring when I'm editing it. I feel like without actually having the food for the viewers, it's boring... But then again, channels like the food network exist and I'm actually not a big food person myself xD (I wouldn't mind NOT having to eat xD)
I try to comment on the taste, how it's made, cost, sauces , etc, but I'm still adraid it might be boring.

Thoughts?

After having watched a lot of Casey's videos (i.e KING OF YOUTUBE), I've learnt that it's not putting footage and random clips together but it's 100% ALL ABOUT THE STORYTELLING.

Storytelling captivates viewers.

For example,
  • Giving some information on the food - history,interesting facts etc
  • Telling a personal story or anecdote related to the food
  • Interviewing chefs about the food
  • Varying your filming shots to capture viewer's attention so it's not just you talking to the camera all the time. Tell a story through your shots rather than explicitly saying 'this is a restaurant' 'there are so many people here','the menu is detailed'. So for example you could include a shot of the cutlery, the menu, the restaurant, the customers instead.

Back