How to make food vlog more exciting?

SidTV

I have a travel vlog and I've gotten to try lots of cool food, and tried to make a video like 3 times, but it ends up being boring when I'm editing it. I feel like without actually having the food for the viewers, it's boring... But then again, channels like the food network exist and I'm actually not a big food person myself xD (I wouldn't mind NOT having to eat xD)
I try to comment on the taste, how it's made, cost, sauces , etc, but I'm still adraid it might be boring.

Thoughts?

You must be a really good and proficient/prolific speaker. Explain, compare give insights and interesting analogies, even history of the food if necessary. Keep the analytical centers of your audience brains engaged. There is no other way around (unless you are beautiful lady or you are showing your 6 pack when you are eating - but I am sure you do not want to go this way).

Quick scene cuts in vlogs I always find are a big big plus as they retain attention and spark interest from viewers. Everyone loves Casey Neistats vlogs and even though you are a food one, there would be plenty of tips you could grab from there.

Maybe you explained it strange but are you trying to make a food video without being there and eating the food?

@chottom thanks... I'll keep that in mind haha.. Maybe it's best I don't do them then xD

Also for clarification.. It's a TRAVEL vlog first.. But with traveling.. There's lots of interesting food I come across.
Yes, I have the food in the video and I'm eating it.

@chottom thanks... I'll keep that in mind haha.. Maybe it's best I don't do them then xD

We do them a lot (Japanese food) but these are the most heavily censored movies on our channel (multiple cuts, no close shots of mouth especially if food is inserted, filters, artificial flares and so on). :)

Just know well your niche and act accordingly - you do not have to leave an extremely popular niche just because of this "other" channels. The majority of people are genuinely interested in the food genre. :)

I have a travel vlog and I've gotten to try lots of cool food, and tried to make a video like 3 times, but it ends up being boring when I'm editing it. I feel like without actually having the food for the viewers, it's boring... But then again, channels like the food network exist and I'm actually not a big food person myself xD (I wouldn't mind NOT having to eat xD)
I try to comment on the taste, how it's made, cost, sauces , etc, but I'm still adraid it might be boring.

Thoughts?
Hi,

If you are not that much of a food person (in your own words) then I would not recommend you start vloging about food. People on the food channel LOVE food, their enthusiasm is what makes the show interesting, you feel their passion and can imagine yourself experiencing the food.

That is just my thoughts though, it is hard to see why you would want to make videos about something you are not that interested in yourself?

Hi,

If you are not that much of a food person (in your own words) then I would not recommend you start vloging about food. People on the food channel LOVE food, their enthusiasm is what makes the show interesting, you feel their passion and can imagine yourself experiencing the food.

That is just my thoughts though, it is hard to see why you would want to make videos about something you are not that interested in yourself?

Well, I see so much that others would find interesting.. But you're right, maybe I should let the hardcore food people make those ;P

Well, I see so much that others would find interesting.. But you're right, maybe I should let the hardcore food people make those ;P
Unless you made your relative lack of interest your USP...

Hey look at this food, isn't it... alright.
Iit tastes... ok I suppose... and the smell... it is a pretty normal smell I'd say, nothing to get excited about.

;)

Add puppets! (Okay, that's what I do to spice up my cooking segments...it's not for everyone.)

I would say that if you can talk to the people who make the food or serve it or other people eating it, that would be a good place to go. Think of all the Food Network shows where the host talks to the chef or to customers...those are wildly popular shows, and it's not all that difficult to arrange. In fact, I'd bet a lot of restaurant owners and chefs would be more than happy for some free YouTube publicity.

Back