How to make captions the easy way!

JakesyDude

Hey there! :)
Some of you might already know this, but I'm going to share it anyways. Don't spend hours trying to make captions for your YouTube videos with Notepad or any other text editor. Use CaptionTube (captiontube.appspot.com) instead! It's a free tool that allows you to make captions right when you're watching your video (a little bit like the annotations editor on YouTube). You can see the exact time when speech is heard and you can use that as the reference for each caption. When you finish, you can choose to publish it directly to YouTube, download it as a .srt (SubRip) or .sub (SubViewer) file, email the captions, or copy and paste it into a caption editing program. There's an easy way to make captions! I hope this helps anyone who was have trouble making captions.

Thanks for the share ;) I actually didn't know about this tool, so I might go check it out ;)
I'm glad I could help! I don't use it very often, though. I don't know any deaf people who watch my videos, so I don't feel the need to make captions. Maybe when I become more popular :)

Some of you might already know this, but I'm going to share it anyways. Don't spend hours trying to make captions for your YouTube videos with Notepad or any other text editor. Use CaptionTube (captiontube.appspot.com) instead! It's a free tool that allows you to make captions right when you're watching your video (a little bit like the annotations editor on YouTube). You can see the exact time when speech is heard and you can use that as the reference for each caption. When you finish, you can choose to publish it directly to YouTube, download it as a .srt (SubRip) or .sub (SubViewer) file, email the captions, or copy and paste it into a caption editing program. There's an easy way to make captions! I hope this helps anyone who was have trouble making captions.
Thank you SO much!!!!! My husband is deaf, and I'm a musician! I couldn't figure out how to make captions at all.....really appreciate this post, and I'll definitely be doing this, when I have the time!!!!

Back