How to make captions the easy way!

JakesyDude

Hey there! :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Some of you might already know this, but I'm going to share it anyways. Don't spend hours trying to make captions for your YouTube videos with Notepad or any other text editor. Use CaptionTube (captiontube.appspot.com) instead! It's a free tool that allows you to make captions right when you're watching your video (a little bit like the annotations editor on YouTube). You can see the exact time when speech is heard and you can use that as the reference for each caption. When you finish, you can choose to publish it directly to YouTube, download it as a .srt (SubRip) or .sub (SubViewer) file, email the captions, or copy and paste it into a caption editing program. There's an easy way to make captions! I hope this helps anyone who was have trouble making captions.

TheNM22

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the share ;) I actually didn't know about this tool, so I might go check it out ;)

JakesyDude

Hey there! :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Thanks for the share ;) I actually didn't know about this tool, so I might go check it out ;)
I'm glad I could help! I don't use it very often, though. I don't know any deaf people who watch my videos, so I don't feel the need to make captions. Maybe when I become more popular :)

MotokiMaxted

what is this
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks for the tool bro. Reminder to everyone that cc is read by google and helps with rankings.

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
so you mean like subtitles?

NinjaisaBeast

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm glad I could help! I don't use it very often, though. I don't know any deaf people who watch my videos, so I don't feel the need to make captions. Maybe when I become more popular :)
So it helps you make captions? I don't really get it

Kath

True Wub :wub:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Some of you might already know this, but I'm going to share it anyways. Don't spend hours trying to make captions for your YouTube videos with Notepad or any other text editor. Use CaptionTube (captiontube.appspot.com) instead! It's a free tool that allows you to make captions right when you're watching your video (a little bit like the annotations editor on YouTube). You can see the exact time when speech is heard and you can use that as the reference for each caption. When you finish, you can choose to publish it directly to YouTube, download it as a .srt (SubRip) or .sub (SubViewer) file, email the captions, or copy and paste it into a caption editing program. There's an easy way to make captions! I hope this helps anyone who was have trouble making captions.
Thank you SO much!!!!! My husband is deaf, and I'm a musician! I couldn't figure out how to make captions at all.....really appreciate this post, and I'll definitely be doing this, when I have the time!!!!