How to Make Awesome Thumbnails

Veronika

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi, so I made a logo/watermark and it always says the size is too big but I love it so much :help::sorry2::furious::cry2:

Attachments

Reactions: Webchat Boys

Alzorath

Reaction score
What do you think of my thumbnails? Are they OK?
They get the message across, but they feel a bit haphazard in their layout - generally speaking, I'd give them "average" - clear, concise, but really lack that 'something' to pull me in (my thumbnails are often guilty of the same thing lol). I feel your best thumbnails are your first 2 darksouls/justcause/broforce thumbnails, while nothing special, they feel 'unified' by the design, you know where to look for pertinent information on each one, the eye generally stays in it - the others I have a feeling of "I'm not quite sure where to look for the information". In some cases, the information is presented in a 'hard to read way' at thumbnail size: eg Dark Souls 2 - Episode 3. In other cases, things just feel 'placed there just to be there' (your toaster face is your theme, but it feels horribly out of place in the Dust Thumbnails)

Reactions: Foam Toaster

Foam Toaster

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
They get the message across, but they feel a bit haphazard in their layout - generally speaking, I'd give them "average" - clear, concise, but really lack that 'something' to pull me in (my thumbnails are often guilty of the same thing lol). I feel your best thumbnails are your first 2 darksouls/justcause/broforce thumbnails, while nothing special, they feel 'unified' by the design, you know where to look for pertinent information on each one, the eye generally stays in it - the others I have a feeling of "I'm not quite sure where to look for the information". In some cases, the information is presented in a 'hard to read way' at thumbnail size: eg Dark Souls 2 - Episode 3. In other cases, things just feel 'placed there just to be there' (your toaster face is your theme, but it feels horribly out of place in the Dust Thumbnails)
Cheers, that's good to know! Those ones you said were the best were the ones I originally felt were the first and so I re-did them, just haven't had time to re-do the rest quite yet. I agree that the toaster looks a bit out of place on some of them, that was before I was using it for a face. Those ones definitely need re-done I'd agree with you! Job for the weekend perhaps!
Thanks again though!

SKeRGraphics

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
How to be successful on YouTube: Use tits as your thumbnail, no matter what the video subject is! Lol, don't do it but it works

AllenTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Could you check my thumbnails out and give me a little feedback? I'm not sure if i'm on par with your tips or your advice that you have made! Thanks for the tips!

Cheers!

Ted Nivison

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
When making video thumbnails, what I always make sure I do on each video is:

- The overall thumbnail is engaging and is interesting to anyone who looks at it
- It conveys what the video is about in basically a glance, and will entice users to click on said video
- THE TEXT IS CLEARLY VISIBLE AND IN BIG BOLD TEXT. SUMMARIZING THE TITLE. Kinda like how I just caps those two sentences :)
- There's a background, but it makes the foreground stand out: as in having contrast with the main picture, and not being distracting, but still being there.
- Blurring the background to emphasize the foreground

This usually results in me uploading a thumbnail and then changing it a few times afterwards! Hope this helps anyone as well :D[DOUBLEPOST=1402197337,1402197287][/DOUBLEPOST]
How to be successful on YouTube: Use tits as your thumbnail, no matter what the video subject is! Lol, don't do it but it works
That worked in 2006 when YouTube determined a videos success based on the amount of views, not how long people were watching the videos XD

RageFocus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wonder if my thumbnail seems okay it's right there <-------- if anyone would see the time to do so please comment on it so I know? I want to improve so I would really apreciate if anyone would take some time to tell me what's good & what's not.. Anyway thanks for reading :).