How to Make Awesome Thumbnails

Simon Arias

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Who else uses picmonkey.com? I think for basic edits of thumbnails, it works pretty well. And you can pay for extra add-ons but the free version works fine for me. Here is my first edit:
smallyoutubertagthumbnail.jpg

(Excuse the bad face haha)

Reactions: Randall

TA5

Hit your two hands together for TA5!!!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
These tips are nice. :bounce: But how can i get Full HD if 2 mbs is the limit?
I create my Thumbnails in CorelDraw and they Come out at least 5 Mb in size :(...
I have to reduce its size to 1.8 Mb in Paint :crying: ............I dont think a 2 MB pic can be considered Full HD :D
Youtube should have set at least 3 Mb for Thumbnails :) :furious:

guitardz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What is stroke and drop shadow
Stoke basically adds a black outline to the text that makes it pop more, Drop Shadow is what it says, adds a shadow of your text to the backdrop. Both of these are features of Adobe Photoshop, but I will assume that other photo editing apps have them as well. Personally I also like to use 3D extrusion, inner glow, outer glow, and bevel & emboss in addition to stroke and drop shadow...but not texture, I just don't care for it.

WillyPapafry

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I saw someone who they take a screenshot mid episode (which we don't see obviously) and they use that as their thumbnail but it's an edited image so it has the game's name and the episode title in it

stucrompton

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i Think the best way is just to use a screen shot of your video with some overlay text its simple and effective

Reactions: mad4draw

TKexclusive

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I actually use picmonkey! It's a free online website that you can edit on very easily!Try it i swear its great just save a photo then upload it then edit away its pure MAGIC!!