How to Get Subs Fast Through Ad Campaigns!

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Does anyone else get sketched out by the fact that everyone seems to get lots of views but no active people?

Subs/Comments don't seem to come in from ads, just views. Call me a conspiracy theorist but couldn't YouTube just give you views to keep people paying for ads?
Yes they definitely can and this is why I stopped aiming for a world wide target and instead aimed for only English speaking countries. The reason being was that there was a video posted long ago on here explaining how Facebook actually paid people in less fortunate or otherwise "dodgy" (not the best word to use but you'll catch my drift) countries to view stuff. So I only target primary English countries like US, Australia which is mine, New Zealand, UK, Canada, then I target a mix of other English speaking countries like Trinidad, Jamaica etc... Usually like the Caribbean type places basically. Ironically, I've noticed that when I don't target the general globe the system never "over serves" my ads. Which is another theory I had that YouTube allows the "over serving" as that results in advertising for them like someone says "oh wow, I used AdWords, paid $5 for 100 views but they gave me 10,000 for the same price!" naturally people are more willing to take a chance, not anyone's fault not the person who suggests it or the person who uses it.

But you're not alone in your suspicions about it, I also have to keep an open and unbiased mind that it can be my content not having much quality, but then that time I hit 6,000 views on a video that I spent $5 (which originally was meant to get around 300-500 views) doesn't explain why the retention from those random non-speaking countries was so high and that means 2 things given the lack of interaction 1) they pay people via an automated system to watch video ads from start to finish (very doable) or 2) people really, really enjoyed and by some spontaneous reasoning; all decided not to interact with it in anyway. Another issue I noticed while using it, during that time I got those 6,000 views my sub count was climbing a tiny bit, but each person who had subscribed had odd names that seemed foreign AND when I checked their channels some of them were subscribed to thousands and thousands of channels in the same way I noticed that people who liked my old Facebook page also had liked thousands of pages, naturally meaning there was nill chance of them interacting with mine out of the ocean of posts they'd get.

That's not to say that AdWords is completely flawed, you just need to know how to use it and target areas properly (but you won't see such a great advantage), views are great but they're nothing but numbers, there's no comments to put a face to those numbers. Just be careful when using it.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Does anyone else get sketched out by the fact that everyone seems to get lots of views but no active people?

Subs/Comments don't seem to come in from ads, just views. Call me a conspiracy theorist but couldn't YouTube just give you views to keep people paying for ads?
This is logical actually. The vast majority of you guys trying this out aren't thinking like advertisers. When developing an ad, you have to consider the viewer mindset.

Remember, you are interrupting what they were looking for. This means the content MUST be extremely engaging for them to care. It has to have obvious linkages to what they were looking for, which means heavily targeted research into like keywords and interests. I don't want a campaign that just targets gamers in general to come watch my editorial on Peter Molyneux. COD gamers probably don't care that he is in the news again for making promises and not keeping them. But for people using the actual search term "Peter Molyneux", or terms related such as the name of games he's made, this brings it closer to home for the viewer.

Views but no engagement means that you did a bad job researching your audience.

Player Select

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Remember to check how many views are actually clicks. If it's 500 views but no clicks, that really just means your ad ran 500 times.

Reactions: PinProject

karlsanada10

Monthly Video Game Giveaway on my channel now!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I used to do this once, and it got me like 10K for $15 which is pretty huge amount of views.:D

Reactions: PinProject

Entityofsin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I go to my video manager and click the drop down menu and then on Promote, it just goes to a blank YouTube page with nothing on it. I have no idea what's going on.

Perhaps that's because I don't have an actual video ad campaign made and money put into but I feel like something is oddly wrong with that.

Anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
When I go to my video manager and click the drop down menu and then on Promote, it just goes to a blank YouTube page with nothing on it. I have no idea what's going on.

Perhaps that's because I don't have an actual video ad campaign made and money put into but I feel like something is oddly wrong with that.

Anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?

Turn off the Adblock extension.

Last edited: