How to become unique?

Valerik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys, I have been doing these adventure and exploration focused playthroughs, which I really enjoy doing and editing, and I have gotten quite some praise for them too, however I have been having issues with increasing the audiance due to not being too unique.

I was thinking of collaborations or talking about current events or discussing new technology/facts to add a level of uniqueness, however I dont know how that would tie into the videos or if i would have to make a series for them separately to have this unique aspect to my channel. Do you guys think it would tie in or have other ideas given what my channel is at the moment?

Any constructive advice, critique or support is accepted :)

TiredGiraffeHD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's simple how YouTube works. When people search up videos they don't want to click on long videos 10-30 minutes especially when you're not well known on YouTube. I like your channel it's good, I just think you could make your videos shorter :)

Valerik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey TGHD, i appreciate your comment and i understand where you are coming from, however for a full playthrough of a game, i really cannot go any further down. With almost all my latest videos i have been trying to keep it between 10-15 min moslt because that is how long the quest/boss fights were and i cannot make cuts in the middle of a fight. Maybe i will have to start a new series of funny clips or just something from which it would make sense to do shorter videos. Thank you again though.

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Unique, huh? I'd say I'm one in a million when it comes to unique. If I'm not unique, then I'm certainly.. something. So, after a quick looksidoodle at your channel, I have come to ONE-- err, several conclusions!

1. Thumbnails; The first thing people see when they find your video is your thumbnail. So you need to make it pop out. Make it eye catching. Make it give your view something to FEEL. I'll give you an example. I did a LP of Curious George for the GBA. My thumbnail was Curious George holding a bottle of bleach with hell in the background. Did it work? You bet it did! I got a thousand views on it almost instantly. Make the text big and BOLD! Make it SCREAM in your viewers' faces! Make them laugh! Make them wonder!

2. Titles; You have some good ideas for titles, but you need to find a way to present them and make them more out there. Because after seeing the thumbnail, people will look at your title. And if that title doesn't lure them to watch your video, they have a 50/50 chance of clicking away. The key is to use words that people would want to click on. Clickbait, in a sense, but don't actually clickbait. Put the juiciest words you can think of in your titles. What's a word that really makes you laugh? Really makes you FEEL something? Put it in your title!

3. Personality; The first thing people hear when they watch your video is your intro. They have about a minute to make up their mind as to whether or not they want to watch your video. Whether to watch it or click away to some random nonsense they find in the recommended. So what do you do? YOU GO HARD!! You make your intro memorable! Want an example? Watch one of Jacksepticeye's videos. At the beginning he screams 'TOP O' THE MORNIN' TO YA LADDIES!' That's how you get your viewers' attention. You have an AMAZING intro! A GLORIOUSLY GLORIOUS INTRO!

And that's about it! I hope I was able to help ya out there, fam. Fammish scrub. :D

Reactions: Valerik

Valerik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you very much Dewmonic Abyss, I will definately try to make the thumbnails more eye catching and remake the intro to something more out there and memorable!! ;D

Reactions: Dewmonic Abyss