How to Add Annotations On YouTube Videos - Annotations Guide

Lennart Guitar

Check my weekly guitar vlogs!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
Sorry about that, I always forget about that, if you view the video on YouTubes watch page it should be fine :)[DOUBLEPOST=1407922223][/DOUBLEPOST]

Unfortunately there isnt one for liking but you can remind viewers to with a note annotation.
Yeah I know but I wanted to let you know because I didn't know wether you knew it or not :)!

Raspberry

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Unfortunately its not possible at the moment, you do have a few options though.

1. You can tell your subscribers to like your Facebook and Twitter and place an annotation to your website with a page with just your social media sites encouraging them to visit from there. That way I doubt YouTube would have a problem with.

2. Put an annotation to a page on your website that redirects to your social media page using either php or meta refresh so it redirects within a second or immediately to the social media page (Not a very good idea as I dont know if it breaks the TOS or not but it is a bit shifty doing it and I doubt they support doing it, I wouldnt do it myself just to be safe)
Actually PlayStation links to their Facebook and Twitter pages right in the videos. Maybe YouTube granted them such rights as an exception?

Reactions: Michael

Paulie Popcorn

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've added some annotations to my YouTube video just recently. It's basically watch the video, then I provide 3 endings. Each one with an annotation at the end of the main video. So far, I've had 500 people watch the main video and around 10 watch the alternate endings. I think I'm missing something.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The click through rate on annotations depends on how your viewers are watching your videos, generally most views these days will be from mobiles and tablets unless youre in a techy niche where many will be using desktops. It isnt unusual to have a very low CTR on them but it adds up when your channel grows. A CTR of only 2% can become a huge number when you are getting huge amounts of views.[DOUBLEPOST=1424279362][/DOUBLEPOST]
Actually PlayStation links to their Facebook and Twitter pages right in the videos. Maybe YouTube granted them such rights as an exception?
Possibly, I dont know more about that :)