HOW OFTEN do you UPLOAD?!

I upload a new music mix genre every week. for a music channel
i think it's a long time without video to be honest. but again, i take some time
to find musics without copyright to compile them to a mix

I upload a new music mix genre every week. for a music channel
i think it's a long time without video to be honest. but again, i take some time
to find musics without copyright to compile them to a mix

True that! But music video are a bit different I think :D Vlogs, however, I find it extremely hard to get exposure uploading weekly :D

I release about one video every 2-3 weeks because I'm a firm believer in quality over quantity. I could easily upload every day, but it would greatly impact the quality of my videos. Would I probably fit better into the Youtube Algorithm? Most likely. Maybe as a film major it's just what I was taught, but I'll never sacrifice quality for quantity. I also don't make a dime for these videos, so I still have to work 40 hours a week on top of it

I release about one video every 2-3 weeks because I'm a firm believer in quality over quantity. I could easily upload every day, but it would greatly impact the quality of my videos. Would I probably fit better into the Youtube Algorithm? Most likely. Maybe as a film major it's just what I was taught, but I'll never sacrifice quality for quantity. I also don't make a dime for these videos, so I still have to work 40 hours a week on top of it

That's great!!! This means a lot because I'm definitely frustrated that I probably spend more time on a single video than some people who post daily. But yet the people who post daily gain more exposure. :/

I have been uploading every single since starting my channel. Of course music promoting is easier to do that in than other topics, but none the less. View time = more promotion by the algorithm.

Daily except Mondays, when we post to our 2nd channel. (We also post on Wednesdays and Saturdays on our 2nd channel).

However, I'm not convinced it's really helping us. Our views per day have actually decreased on average, since posting daily (starting last November).

In some ways, posting daily but lesser-viewed videos can hurt you for future suggestions. If the algorithm sees that people are skipping certain videos, it tends to stop suggesting the channel altogether.

Daily except Mondays, when we post to our 2nd channel. (We also post on Wednesdays and Saturdays on our 2nd channel).

However, I'm not convinced it's really helping us. Our views per day have actually decreased on average, since posting daily (starting last November).

In some ways, posting daily but lesser-viewed videos can hurt you for future suggestions. If the algorithm sees that people are skipping certain videos, it tends to stop suggesting the channel altogether.

Wow, that's a really important insight! Thanks :)

What would you suggest then?

We upload once a week, and usually try to post on Mondays. We think that frequency is important, but that doesn't mean you need to post every single day, or even every week. Maybe you could try posting every other week? When you are a "smaller channel" you don't want to be posting every day because you don't want to spam up someones sub box, but you also don't want to rarely post because then the subscriber won't be getting any videos, and might unsubscribe. We think, focus on making good quality videos, and don't worry about it too much.

Good luck,
Julia and Claire

We upload once a week, and usually try to post on Mondays. We think that frequency is important, but that doesn't mean you need to post every single day, or even every week. Maybe you could try posting every other week? When you are a "smaller channel" you don't want to be posting every day because you don't want to spam up someones sub box, but you also don't want to rarely post because then the subscriber won't be getting any videos, and might unsubscribe. We think, focus on making good quality videos, and don't worry about it too much.

Good luck,
Julia and Claire

Thank you for your insight!! You have a good point. But YouTube algorithm can be tricky [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been uploading every single since starting my channel. Of course music promoting is easier to do that in than other topics, but none the less. View time = more promotion by the algorithm.

Sigh. It's like you need to play this SEO and algorithm game with YouTube AI. I mean it's great that they code it in a way that understands viewers behaviours and so on, but, at the same time lacks the human factor lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back