How many videos per week?

Hello everyone, since i'm just starting my channel out, i decided to ask someone more expirienced than myself about couple of things. I'll talk about one of those things in this post.
How much videos per week should i upload? Does it have to be a daily upload in order to grow your channel?
I prefer "quality" over "quantity", meaning that i would rather upload fewer videos that are made really well than 7 videos a week that are poorly done, hope you know what am i trying to say. I'm just asking if that's a way to go, or should i try uploading more videos? I currently upload around 2-3 videos a week because i'm also streaming so i don't really have the time to upload more.
I would also like to know how many videos do you upload per week and any feedback on this would be much appreciated!

You've already got the right idea, opting for quality over quantity.
When you stream, do you upload that to YouTube after it's done so people can watch it back if they wanna?
Because if you're doing that, I'd say that qualifies as an upload - one or two others alongside that seems reasonable, but it honestly depends on what you're actually capable of doing.

I started off by doing one a week, but sometimes life gets in the way or I get caught up in research, so my schedule kind of ... isn't. But when I do upload, I make sure I'm happy with what I'm putting out there. So make sure you're adopting that kind of attitude with your work because it's more important that you produce stuff you're proud of as and when you can.

Talked about this in video a while ago (not promoting, I swear). Personally I rather watch 2 good videos a week than 7 rushed videos. Quality is way more important but make consistent uploads.

I agree on doing quality over quantity, but more importantly if you can do both quality and quantity at the same time, then thats the best bet. One thing I've learned is make great content no matter what. Great content can be from having an amazing story that creates emotions.

I upload 5 times a week Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri and Sunday this gives me 2 days off or for extra time on editing depending on the video and length of the video in question but personally there is no right or wrong answer it is what you can handle in your life YouTube does want more videos as some one else said but no individual will do 365 uploads a year we have lives too.

Last edited:
No way could I upload 3 times a week. I have a lot of Photoshoping, animating etc. Plus work and family stuff. Just not feasible.

Don't make a schedule where you'd have to ever rush to grt anything done. If it means higher quality, I think taking your time is a good thing.

I tried a one-a-week upload schedule, but with my lifestyle even that didn't work. It ended up rushing me so much that I'd be putting out crappy videos each week. They were nowhere close to the standards I had for myself.
So now I'm uploading more like 1 video every 2 months. Of course, this isn't as great for the YouTube algorithm, but it ensured that each video was actually to the quality that I was aiming for.

Hello everyone, since i'm just starting my channel out, i decided to ask someone more expirienced than myself about couple of things. I'll talk about one of those things in this post.
How much videos per week should i upload? Does it have to be a daily upload in order to grow your channel?
I prefer "quality" over "quantity", meaning that i would rather upload fewer videos that are made really well than 7 videos a week that are poorly done, hope you know what am i trying to say. I'm just asking if that's a way to go, or should i try uploading more videos? I currently upload around 2-3 videos a week because i'm also streaming so i don't really have the time to upload more.
I would also like to know how many videos do you upload per week and any feedback on this would be much appreciated!

I agree with you. I only post about 2-3 videos a week max depending how much time I may or may not have. Quality over quantity is always the preferred choice. I think the only channels that might get away with daily uploads are Gaming channels. Since it's easy to maintain that same quality and to always have videos on standby to upload as well. They just aren't as difficult unless you are actually cutting up the footage, making game reviews, top 10 lists, compare/contrasts, etc.

Just keep doing what you're doing while improving as much as you can and things will get better.

I started out with one a week to establish a consistent stream now I have just started twice a week. (Monday and Friday) Once I get comfortable with that I will add Wednesday to the mix. Hoping this strategy will help my channel grow!

Really depends on my week for me. But i try to upload one very day, or every other day. I really shoot to definitely have videos up on the weekends tho

Back