How many videos per week?

D0ntjudg3

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Hello everyone, since i'm just starting my channel out, i decided to ask someone more expirienced than myself about couple of things. I'll talk about one of those things in this post.
How much videos per week should i upload? Does it have to be a daily upload in order to grow your channel?
I prefer "quality" over "quantity", meaning that i would rather upload fewer videos that are made really well than 7 videos a week that are poorly done, hope you know what am i trying to say. I'm just asking if that's a way to go, or should i try uploading more videos? I currently upload around 2-3 videos a week because i'm also streaming so i don't really have the time to upload more.
I would also like to know how many videos do you upload per week and any feedback on this would be much appreciated!

SimbaHD_

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would say uploading at least 3 times a week is good but make sure your content is of a high quality, and if you want to do daily upload still make sure its high quality because if its not less people will be interested.
hope i helped

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think your on the right track already. I upload 3 times a week on YouTube and another site. I think daily uploads would bring more damage for now. You mentioned that you also streamed and are unsure if you can upload daily. If so, I don't think you should push yourself too much and continue sticking to your upload schedule.

Alec Viljoen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As I haven't uploaded a single video yet, can only comment as a watcher! But have unsubscribed from a few channels because quantity was put above quality.

D0ntjudg3

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Thanks a lot for the replies, this really helps a lot!

Bgirl Sonia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello !

2 videos per week : 1 on wednesday on my French channel (a dance video) and 1 on sunday (hair tutorial)
since I have an English channel and a French channel, post 1 hair tutorial in both languages

To sum up : my French channel is for dance videos and hairstyles
and I want to keep my English for vlogs and hairstyles :)

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Because of YouTube's algorithm, the more videos you can upload, the better. But consistency is always key. If you can only post one video a week, stick to that schedule so that your audience will know when to expect you. But the more videos you post, the more eyes will land on your channel and the easier promotion will become.

pupandie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Because of YouTube's algorithm, the more videos you can upload, the better. But consistency is always key. If you can only post one video a week, stick to that schedule so that your audience will know when to expect you. But the more videos you post, the more eyes will land on your channel and the easier promotion will become.
Do you think youtube pushes you down if you are active but inconsistent with your uploads .. ( say give or take a few days with the inconsistency)

oscarflowers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
i upload every 4 days so i have enough time to edit the video to a certain standard. i'd say as often as you can (but perhaps not every day) whilst maintaining your quality.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I believe that YouTube does reward channels that upload more often, but in being a fanatical YouTube viewer for much longer than I've been a creator, I have to say that the best schedule is the one you can stick to obsessively. If you start out guns a'blazing and then burn yourself out in a few months, that'll do more damage than if you started out with a very conservative schedule and decided you could add to it once you get into a rhythm.