How many tags do you use

I'll use as many as I can using @TubeBuddy to target long-tail keywords. I rarely use single word keywords as they just don't work. I'll also include my best ranking tag in my title and description too. So say I rank 1st for the tag 'simple spaghetti bolognese' I'll include that in my title and put it in my description a few times too. Tags are not as important as the title and description for SEO however using tubebuddy you can target specific ones that have high search and low competion

I try to use all 500 characters in the tags section but I only use tags related to the content I'm putting up. Sometimes, the tags only go up to 200 characters when I can't find any relevant tags. I didn't know that putting too much tags can have a negative effect on the channel itself.

That is mad, I did not think you could use up to 500 characters -_- I have been using 10-20 maybe in my videos for the last 3 years and thought if I put too many in, that it would hurt the search value amongst my videos or that I could get into trouble of some sort XD thank you for that piece of information actually I am gonna have a look into to see the best way I can optimise my videos actual material and how much of that material I can transfer to tags because if you can have that many characteres then I guess there is no harm in having a few extra :p

That is mad, I did not think you could use up to 500 characters -_- I have been using 10-20 maybe in my videos for the last 3 years and thought if I put too many in, that it would hurt the search value amongst my videos or that I could get into trouble of some sort XD thank you for that piece of information actually I am gonna have a look into to see the best way I can optimise my videos actual material and how much of that material I can transfer to tags because if you can have that many characteres then I guess there is no harm in having a few extra :p
You can also go back and edit the old ones and get more people to find them. Just don't edit any of the succesful videos; you might end up messing them up!

You can also go back and edit the old ones and get more people to find them. Just don't edit any of the succesful videos; you might end up messing them up!
Yeah I won't be touching them haha don't want to throw away the actual videos which made it to the top of results but for the minor ones and upcoming videos I will :) but thanks for letting us know!

Back