How long does it take for the thumbnail to change?

ChunkeyPanda

I play video entertainment thats interactive.
So recently I got Custom Thumbnails and I am now in the process of changing the thumbnails of all my videos! I was just wondering exactly how long it takes youtube to officially change it so if someone were to see look my videos they'll see the new thumbnail?

Takes pretty long :/ I dont know why but yt sure likes to make pples waiting D: takes 1 day or even longer :( Patience my fwuend XDDD

Takes pretty long :/ I dont know why but yt sure likes to make pples waiting D: takes 1 day or even longer :( Patience my fwuend XDDD

A whole day?! How do other youtubers get their custom thumbnails shown when they upload their videos? :/ Must be because I'm at the bottom of the youtube chain...

A whole day?! How do other youtubers get their custom thumbnails shown when they upload their videos? :/ Must be because I'm at the bottom of the youtube chain...

They schedule their uploads probably and make everything ready for the time it publishes. As far as thumbnails go, yours should update quite quickly, sometimes you just can't see it for a while, but others will probably be able too. So don't worry. :p

Oh ok! Whew haha thanks for telling! *Sigh of relief* hopefully mine doesn't take forever and a day to change!

So recently I got Custom Thumbnails and I am now in the process of changing the thumbnails of all my videos! I was just wondering exactly how long it takes youtube to officially change it so if someone were to see look my videos they'll see the new thumbnail?
really long for you, but pretty quick for people who haven't seen it yet. It always shows the right thumbnail when I check my video on another account or site like facebook ha ha. so it's pretty instant.

it actually varies :) It can be like inmediately after u uploaded the thumbnail but it can also take 1 day or longer :( Youtube mysteries XD

It just changed recently, like within the past week. before I would put the custom thumbnail in and it would work within 5 minutes, today I did it and make 2 hours? YouTube just goes through s****y phases man.

Back