How long does it take for the thumbnail to change?

ChunkeyPanda

I play video entertainment thats interactive.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So recently I got Custom Thumbnails and I am now in the process of changing the thumbnails of all my videos! I was just wondering exactly how long it takes youtube to officially change it so if someone were to see look my videos they'll see the new thumbnail?

Lawlz

I has it :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Takes pretty long :/ I dont know why but yt sure likes to make pples waiting D: takes 1 day or even longer :( Patience my fwuend XDDD

ChunkeyPanda

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Takes pretty long :/ I dont know why but yt sure likes to make pples waiting D: takes 1 day or even longer :( Patience my fwuend XDDD
A whole day?! How do other youtubers get their custom thumbnails shown when they upload their videos? :/ Must be because I'm at the bottom of the youtube chain...

Daniel

YTtalk's Juicy Lemon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A whole day?! How do other youtubers get their custom thumbnails shown when they upload their videos? :/ Must be because I'm at the bottom of the youtube chain...
They schedule their uploads probably and make everything ready for the time it publishes. As far as thumbnails go, yours should update quite quickly, sometimes you just can't see it for a while, but others will probably be able too. So don't worry. :p

Reactions: ChunkeyPanda

Christopher Johnson

I Bring You Good Things!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Takes like 15 mins to an hour for mine to change from normal to the custom one, I don't know why others take so long

Daniel Hale

Vlogs, Skits, Fun Stuff
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter
Hi, LOL, My Thumbnail is still Updating after 4 Hours. :(

ChunkeyPanda

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Oh ok! Whew haha thanks for telling! *Sigh of relief* hopefully mine doesn't take forever and a day to change!

mcfluffers

yttalk skitinator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Ranter, Comedian
So recently I got Custom Thumbnails and I am now in the process of changing the thumbnails of all my videos! I was just wondering exactly how long it takes youtube to officially change it so if someone were to see look my videos they'll see the new thumbnail?
really long for you, but pretty quick for people who haven't seen it yet. It always shows the right thumbnail when I check my video on another account or site like facebook ha ha. so it's pretty instant.

Reactions: ChunkeyPanda

Lawlz

I has it :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
it actually varies :) It can be like inmediately after u uploaded the thumbnail but it can also take 1 day or longer :( Youtube mysteries XD

c4geron

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It just changed recently, like within the past week. before I would put the custom thumbnail in and it would work within 5 minutes, today I did it and make 2 hours? YouTube just goes through s****y phases man.