How is your Christmas season going?

How is the holiday shopping season effecting your channel this year?

• Earnings going UP

• Earnings going DOWN

• No noticeable effect at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
So this is my second Holiday Shopping season with youtube and I am not seeing the increase in traffic and earnings that I saw last year during this time. Last year my channel almost tripled in traffic and earnings leading up to Christmas and new years. But this year I am seeing no effect from the holiday shopping season at all on my channel. I am just wandering if anyone else is have a different experience this year?

Last year was great - This year not as great but still good.
I have no complaints.

Honestly, this year is much better than last year & even the year before. Without going into too much detail the past 5 years or so have been very stressful & rather sad. So this year we've been given a better chance & I've been able to get some nice gifts for my family & friends. And we've all been able to take in the pleasantries of the season.

Last year was great - This year not as great but still good.
I have no complaints.

My channel has been stagnate. No matter what I do it just refuses to gain ground. I have to keep releasing new content all the time to keep it from going down and even then I am losing ground. I even signed up for tubebuddy and invested massive amounts of time tweaking the SEO for all my videos and I honestly cannot tell it helped one little bit. Last year at this time, I had about 200 subs and maybe 20 videos and I was doing about as good earning wise as I am now with almost 1800 subs and 111 videos. Not sure what is going on.

My channel is not affected much by the seasons strangely enough, although you would imagine that people would be more inclined to watch videos about yachts in the summer. I have noticed though that my earnings over the last couple of months have increased by nearly 50% even though my views have not notably increased at all. I'm not sure why that is although I have a theory...but I'm certainly not going to complain. It just about covers my monthly phone bill :0)

It's going pretty well. My december RPM is way higher than the one of 2016.
Can't complain at all!

Okay. Thanks for answering. I must be doing something wrong then. It just don't make sense to me. Here is why....

Last year my channel almost quadrupled earnings from Thanksgiving through December. This year I have 4 times more videos on my channel and four times more subscribers then I had last year at this time, but my earnings are about the same as last year at this time. So while my channel has quadrupled in size, my earnings for this time period are just about the same as when my channel was 4 times smaller. If last year hold true, my channels earning will drop off about 60% after New years.

So after a whole year of massive amounts of work creating new videos, an insane amount of work doing Search Engine Optimization, and a mind blowing amount of work creating a new website, facebook page, twitter page, Instagram page, ALL to promote my Youtube channel; I have made zero progress. What the heck am I doing wrong?

I'm very happy. October, November, December are always good. This year, each month was progressively my best month for revenue. Then will come the January dropoff : )

Back