How exactly does collabs work? How do you ask other YouTubers to Collab?

Collabing.. is that when you draw a star on the ground and pray around it? Or am i thinking of something else?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Whenever I do a collab we usually send video clips and edit them into the video. Skype is still good for sharing files that are too big for email.

I'd suggest messaging them and just asking for a collaboration. I've gotten a few collaboration messages wanting to collaborate with me. Just make sure your channel and theirs are at least somewhat similar in subscriber count (basically popularity) so it's a win-win situation for both channels.

Well the reality of collaboration is, if it's not with a friend and the details don't matter, it has to be a mutually beneficial occurrence.

It's easier if you're the larger channel. Most people will want to work with you just for having a lot of subscribers.

On the other hand, if your are near equals or you are the smaller channel, it is better to present your idea in the best light possible and you'll want to answer this main question.

"How does working together benefit us both?"

If they can see that you're passionate about what you do, they digg your idea, and they know they'll get something out of it, they'll want to work with you, and if not. Well. Move on.

Back