How exactly does collabs work? How do you ask other YouTubers to Collab?

MillieCan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone!!! So I know collaborating is doing a video with another youtuber. But let’s say they are in a entire other state. How does it work? Also, let’s say I want to collab with someone, what’s the best way to ask?

Reactions: jadesjewels1981

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
I don't know if mine is an official collaboration that most might think of but...

One day I was browsing an online forum and someone posted their SoundCloud music and I really liked it and told them I thought it would be cool to use in my videos. That person then sent me the file to one of his songs to freely use as I wanted to. So I created a video and had it as the background music and linked and credited him in the video and description.

It was a pretty quick and painless process. As far as shooting video together and making a video together, I don't have that experience yet. But as far as using someone else's content, I do have that experience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: MillieCan

MillieCan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That was nice of you. It would be cool to collab with video, it just seems difficult though.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just reach out:) Send the channels you would like to collaborate with a message or a mail or write them in the comments. Collabs is a great way to grow, so I really think you should work on that:up2: don´t expect an answer from all the channels you contact but I´m sure you will get response from some. so go for it:)

Reactions: MillieCan

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
A relatively easy way is to ask collaborations outside youtube. If you like a poem a text whatever not currently available in youtube you can ask the creator permission to make a video with or on this. A good way to be nice is to promise and keep the final video unlisted or private until they approve it. :)

MillieCan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just reach out:) Send the channels you would like to collaborate with a message or a mail or write them in the comments. Collabs is a great way to grow, so I really think you should work on that:up2: don´t expect an answer from all the channels you contact but I´m sure you will get response from some. so go for it:)
I am really going to try that out, thank you!!

Reactions: Dave2017

Gerald Z

Reaction score
you can collab by emailing each other, even calls if needed, you can even skype and that to communicate with each other, if you are in the other sides of the planet, then doing a shot in the same vid would be impossible. lol. but it's still possible to do a collab no matter the distance, :).
I'm actually able to record video using both cams on skype, my cam and the other person cam and have it in the same frame. just never had the opportunity to try it yet.
but you best learn from experience, these are all just theories as I've not been able to collab with others just yet. though that might change, :).

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can collab by contacting people though their social media, try asking people with around the same sub count and content as you! As far as long distance collab you can you have that person email you their part of the video and you can edit it in.

WarriorDan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I try to find people who produce similar content as me, have a similarly sized audience, are of roughly a similar age, and have similar interests. These make for the best collabs.

Travis McP

Reaction score
I just did my first collab and all I did was email the other creator. We did a cool thing where both of our videos pointed to the other person. I believe this is one of the most effective ways to collab because otherwise, someone is taking and everyone else is basically giving. Regardless, ask but have an idea of what you want to do so they don't have to think of anything. Make it painless