How do you prepare and record?

I noticed reading a script directly has its advantages and disadvantages.[DOUBLEPOST=1478930084,1478929854][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm the same way. I always make sure I stick to the topic. Plus its funny when you mess up. The whole point is to have fun making videos.[DOUBLEPOST=1478931125][/DOUBLEPOST]
Gaming is more just reaction when something awesome happens. Gamers I think is a little bit more difficult but once you get the hang of it, it becomes natural. Nice gaming channel :)
Thanks dude

I like to depend on a script but that's because I'm terrified of saying something stupid if I let myself speak live xD

For a general vlog my process has evolved a lot. It has become pretty time consuming. It would probably sound insane if I detailed it all. I meditate first and let my mind quiet down and focus on the subject, then I journal my thoughts about the subject (but this is not like a script, just raw thoughts) then I spend some time just saying the things that pop into my head for a while before I get the equipment ready. Once the content is flowing fairly easily as I speak I get the camera and lights out and usually shoot the vlog in one take. May seem like overkill, but it works for me at this stage. I'm still practicing.

We pretty much improvise everything we do. Which then leads to many bloopers and sometimes my friend deliberately messes up the introduction or just makes it sound really awkward because he knows it bugs me lol
We tend to just try and make each other laugh.

The only thing I have scripted for the channel is our 12 days of christmas song intros. But the only part that was scripted was the song. All the talking inbetween was all improvised and so were our actions. Timmy wondering off camera or trying to hang himself from the ceiling was all improvised.

Just wanted to ask a quick question. Some people write a story board before they start recording. Just wanted to ask if there are some people that write there stuff before recording. As for me I just go with the flow. I'm not sure if I should write my stuff first so I can make it look professional. However its fun when you mess up in front of the camera. It brings out a good humor. How do you guys prep when you make a video.
Since my english is horrible, I am bad at impromptu so it's vital for me to type my thoughts and make a sketch for myself before diving into a video

Just wanted to ask a quick question. Some people write a story board before they start recording. Just wanted to ask if there are some people that write there stuff before recording. As for me I just go with the flow. I'm not sure if I should write my stuff first so I can make it look professional. However its fun when you mess up in front of the camera. It brings out a good humor. How do you guys prep when you make a video.

Lots and lots of aleve for the headache I have after reading what I have to talk about. Turn on audacity, state whatever I gotta say. There's not much to the setting up, it depends on the video really.

I will switch between both. Sometimes I want to talk about a topic that requires some research. Usually if I have to research then I write a script as I don't know all the facts of the top of my head. Other times if it is a subject I am really familiar with I just freestyle it. Both have there pros and cons but I do think when you get better at free styling you can get better results as the confidence grows.

I can't do it like that.
I just start making a video and talk about whatever pops up in my head.

Well since I do vlogs. I either have a topic in mind that I want to talk about or if I'm traveling or visiting a new place I'll talk about where I'm at and what I'm doing. More recently I've been trying to create more of a narrative in my vlogs as well. Which takes a bit more work since I have to plan out my shots a little more.

Back