How do you prepare and record?

finallychurro

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just wanted to ask a quick question. Some people write a story board before they start recording. Just wanted to ask if there are some people that write there stuff before recording. As for me I just go with the flow. I'm not sure if I should write my stuff first so I can make it look professional. However its fun when you mess up in front of the camera. It brings out a good humor. How do you guys prep when you make a video.

Reactions: CMTXRATED

Nanonium

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Well, for the audio I usually think about what i'm going to say, not script it, but think about what I will say in general. Although before that can even occur I tend to get the visuals all ready. That's a pretty basic rundown of what I do.

Last edited:
Reactions: finallychurro

finallychurro

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Same way lol. Mostly go with the flow type of deal. However audio is really important because I want to make sure my viewers can actually hear me speak.

Dribbling Excadrill

I've Got It
Reaction score
Sometimes its nice to have a script but for the videos in which I heavily rely on audio, I have just bullet points to keep me on track. You don't want to sound like you are just reading directly off of a script and that's usually what I tend to do. Otherwise fun videos are just off the top of your head

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well basically make tutorials video on my channel.So whenever an topic come to my mind.I do a research about this topic so that I can give viewers the best information.After that I just start recording,edit,upload :D:D:D

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I pretty much just go with the flow. I have an idea of things I want to say in my head, but usually just turn the camera on and go with it. That way it feels more natural and like you said the mess ups make it funnier.

SandMan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, I don't really talk in my videos, the idea is to record my chosen activity and try and get all the best angles from it. Then I sit and plan on my editor, how and where everything will fit in according to the chosen music. If I should record a vlog I get my topic do the research and write down the bullet points, not a word for word script.

Sure it seems better to go with the flow but honestly Ive seen that writing a script before hand actually helps a lot. It seems more professional and the quality of the video is always better

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Just wanted to ask a quick question. Some people write a story board before they start recording. Just wanted to ask if there are some people that write there stuff before recording. As for me I just go with the flow. I'm not sure if I should write my stuff first so I can make it look professional. However its fun when you mess up in front of the camera. It brings out a good humor. How do you guys prep when you make a video.
Me been a gamer? Well I do it without prep

RiffRaff

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
Write a full script, go through it with my partner. Go downstairs and film, and any improv or inspired moments that we like we keep

finallychurro

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes its nice to have a script but for the videos in which I heavily rely on audio, I have just bullet points to keep me on track. You don't want to sound like you are just reading directly off of a script and that's usually what I tend to do. Otherwise fun videos are just off the top of your head
I noticed reading a script directly has its advantages and disadvantages.[DOUBLEPOST=1478930084,1478929854][/DOUBLEPOST]
I pretty much just go with the flow. I have an idea of things I want to say in my head, but usually just turn the camera on and go with it. That way it feels more natural and like you said the mess ups make it funnier.
I'm the same way. I always make sure I stick to the topic. Plus its funny when you mess up. The whole point is to have fun making videos.[DOUBLEPOST=1478931125][/DOUBLEPOST]
Me been a gamer? Well I do it without prep
Gaming is more just reaction when something awesome happens. Gamers I think is a little bit more difficult but once you get the hang of it, it becomes natural. Nice gaming channel :)

Reactions: CMTXRATED