How Do I Record Videos With My Iphone to Edit on My Laptop?

Te-Erika

I've Got It
My digital camera broke AGAIN and I was told I could record video on my new iPhone. I recorded a video, uploaded it to my GOOGLE DRIVE but couldn't open it in my video editor on my laptop. What am I missing here? I am pretty sure I don't want to upload directly to YouTube since I need to add my intro and outro and the watermark for my videos. Does anyone have a method they can share to get the job done?

If you do upload the video to Youtube and keep it unlisted, you can use any amount of Youtube video downloaders online, and than put it in your editing software. Also if you have an external hard drive, you can connect that to your phone, put the files in that, and than put those in your computer where you can shove em in your editing software.

Your new iPhone will record as good as a dslr for most stuff if you have good lighting. And probably easier to use. It should have recorded in Mov format. It sound like you just need a good free editor for your mac. iMovie should be on your Mac i think. It comes with new Macs. I don't advise you try to do any editing in youtube. What editior are you using? I always Airdrop from the share menu.. Direct to desktop. Seems more direct than using googledrive.

If you do upload the video to Youtube and keep it unlisted, you can use any amount of Youtube video downloaders online, and than put it in your editing software. Also if you have an external hard drive, you can connect that to your phone, put the files in that, and than put those in your computer where you can shove em in your editing software.

Yes, but when I did this process, the video quality was very poor. It was worse than a digital camera, actually.

If you have a usb cable for the iphone drop the videos onto your pc and use shotcut to edit them. You can use mov files and it will export to mp4 and is free! All my videos are shot on an iphone

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes, but when I did this process, the video quality was very poor. It was worse than a digital camera, actually.
Both of the processes were poor? I'm assuming you didn't read the second half but the USB hard drive method seems pretty much bulletproof for camera quality.

Not sure what video editor you are using, but for me I just plug my iPhone into the USB on my MacBook. On my editing software going to "File" then "Import Media" or "Import" then "Media" brings up my phone so I can choose which videos to import into the editor. I would think most editors would be set up somewhat similarly but I've only done this with iMovie and Final Cut. Good luck.

Back