How did you guys get more viewers?

Usually, right when I upload a video, I post about it on social media and send the link to all my friends/contacts. What happens usually from then is they share the video with their friends, then their friends and so on. I also tell people I know to share my channel itself to people they know, and my channel slowly starts to grow. If you arent already doing that then you should! Thats how all youtubers usually start, whether they're big or small. ;)
 
I had some good experiences with reddit. Posted certain videos, not every single one, in the subreddit of the corresponding game. Got a few vids that got hundreds of views this way.
That sounds like some pretty solid advice. Me, personally, I haven't had much luck with Reddit. Is there a certain technique you go about it? Are you really active on the site and contributing to discussions and such or are you just using it for promotion, and it's still worked out alright? Do your videos get any upvotes?
 
For gaming, I think at some point, you have to try reddit. It's hard to get noticed by doing nothing in the gaming world. We managed to get 100 views on one video after posting there. But it won't work for every game. Has to be popular to start with. But they can be super picky and dislike your video. It's a gamble on there.
Post to social media, I think twitter works a little.
Use good, relevant tags.
Post regularly and don't let your channel die (don't stop posting for a month)

We can manage to get a bit of views. It's the quality of content I guess and getting people to sub that has been the problem for me.
 
That sounds like some pretty solid advice. Me, personally, I haven't had much luck with Reddit. Is there a certain technique you go about it? Are you really active on the site and contributing to discussions and such or are you just using it for promotion, and it's still worked out alright? Do your videos get any upvotes?
The newest link posts got 12-12 upvotes and I mainly use Reddit for promotion, without much activity besides that. Some of my promotion post quickly get to 0 vote score though, but still gain me 50-100 views.
 
I get more views by
- Optimizing my video for search and suggested videos.
- Joining groups and communities in my niche and connecting with others(Facebook groups,Google + communities,)
- I connect with in forums that relates to my niche
- I use Reddit (subreddit ) but it has not been good for me but still working on it.
-I use Trinding which is similar to Reddit but which give me better results than Reddit.
- I also share on social site which bring in views, but not that much.

I also interconnect my videos making it easy to gain views to the other videos in my channel from one video by
- Building playlist
- Cards
- Endscreen cards

Making comments on other channels also do help.
hope that helps
 
Back
Top