How can you tell if a video has been botted?

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
So I decided to check my channel out to see how it's been doing since my hiatus, and I noticed my Q and A video had an abnormal amount of views on it. How would I find out if these views are legit or not?[DOUBLEPOST=1370026003,1370025918][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok nm.. checked my analytics and the views jumped in one day, and all came from Russia. What should I do about it?

Seems you may of been hit by one :/ Showing considerable number of facebook views compared to everything else. Check your analytics and check your Russian traffic, if they is a large number of views coming from that source, you have definitely been hit.[DOUBLEPOST=1370026040,1370026024][/DOUBLEPOST]
So I decided to check my channel out to see how it's been doing since my hiatus, and I noticed my Q and A video had an abnormal amount of views on it. How would I find out if these views are legit or not?[DOUBLEPOST=1370026003,1370025918][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok nm.. checked my analytics and the views jumped in one day, and all came from Russia. What should I do about it?

Are you partnered with anyone?

Well after a few days you can see the traffic to your videos, and when you see almost all are there because of direct link it's possible you've been botted. You can never be 100% sure. If you see that the traffic is from a site that embed your video you know you just got some promotion :)

Whoa...you're right. That could undeniably be botted. Either than that, or your Russian subscriber base got EXTREMELY active all of a sudden...

Also, someone else encountered the same thing here as well. Also from Russia. But I forgot.

Seems you may of been hit by one :/ Showing considerable number of facebook views compared to everything else. Check your analytics and check your Russian traffic, if they is a large number of views coming from that source, you have definitely been hit.[DOUBLEPOST=1370026040,1370026024][/DOUBLEPOST]

Are you partnered with anyone?

Yes, I'm with Fullscreen.

Oooh in that case, maybe you're populair in Russia like I have with Japan.

Nvm, your partnered with Fullscreen. Contact your partner manager and they should be able to help you resolve it. Also, Jeff and Austin may be of assistance here.

Well after a few days you can see the traffic to your videos, and when you see almost all are there because of direct link it's possible you've been botted. You can never be 100% sure. If you see that the traffic is from a site that embed your video you know you just got some promotion :)

I'm like why would anyone want to bot me? :S

Back