How are you guys expanding your subscriber base?

CWA

Hey all,

How are you guys (and girls) having success in expanding your subcribers? I get plenty of views per month, but the subscriber growth is hit or miss at times. I would actually gain more subscribers if I didn't post anything for weeks than if I posted once a day (like I started a couple of years ago). My videos take a good amount of time to film and then more to edit since they are how to cooking videos. Open to advice and some critique on what else I can do to expand my reach.

Thank you all in advance for the help!

Hey all,

How are you guys (and girls) having success in expanding your subcribers? I get plenty of views per month, but the subscriber growth is hit or miss at times. I would actually gain more subscribers if I didn't post anything for weeks than if I posted once a day (like I started a couple of years ago). My videos take a good amount of time to film and then more to edit since they are how to cooking videos. Open to advice and some critique on what else I can do to expand my reach.

Thank you all in advance for the help!
Adam

I call FOUL!!!!
Your luring them in with FOOD!!!
That's NOT FAIR!!!!
I'M TELLING!!!!

They may be watching, but when they are done, they are not all subscribing. Food only goes so far. LOL.

They may be watching, but when they are done, they are not all subscribing. Food only goes so far. LOL.
Adam

Offer Wine....
Get'em drunk!
They will be sure to come back for more!!
LOL

Just a question have you posted a call to action asking them to like and Subscribe?

Reactions: CWA
Mostly through promotion wherever I can, connecting with other creators and people in the communities in which I may find fans/viewers, and trying to make the best content I can. I'm happy with the growth I've found, but I would definitely like to increase that audience faster and more regularly, for sure.

You could ask them nicely or try with a joke:) I do that in most of my videos and it works fro some.. Of course some wont subscribe and might even find it stupid.. Then there are the clasic thing like a subscribe button on the video and on the endscreen and so on:up2:

Mostly through promotion wherever I can, connecting with other creators and people in the communities in which I may find fans/viewers, and trying to make the best content I can. I'm happy with the growth I've found, but I would definitely like to increase that audience faster and more regularly, for sure.

Would love to collab, but since I only film cooking videos, I am not sure who or how to collab with another Youtuber. The only people who contact me are ones that want to promote their stuff. I do not really see myself as the next Ron Popeil. LOL.

Adam

Offer Wine....
Get'em drunk!
They will be sure to come back for more!!
LOL

Just a question have you posted a call to action asking them to like and Subscribe?

LOL. If it were legal, I would. Hehe. Yes, I always put it at the end of the video and there are like & subscribe intros and exits on the videos as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1521475048,1521474859][/DOUBLEPOST]
You could ask them nicely or try with a joke:) I do that in most of my videos and it works fro some.. Of course some wont subscribe and might even find it stupid.. Then there are the clasic thing like a subscribe button on the video and on the endscreen and so on:up2:

Tried that too. Marginal success.

With live streams and then making a short video with lots of transitions and cuts to give some adrenaline to the vid and post it, so i get 1 live stream 1 raw 2+hour live stream video and a 1:30sec highlight montage.This is for regular fun content and i do other evegreen videos for the fun of it aswel as the views and subs.
To me this has been working for the past 2 years.

With live streams and then making a short video with lots of transitions and cuts to give some adrenaline to the vid and post it, so i get 1 live stream 1 raw 2+hour live stream video and a 1:30sec highlight montage.This is for regular fun content and i do other evegreen videos for the fun of it aswel as the views and subs.
To me this has been working for the past 2 years.

Live streams would be cool, but it would be a bit hard to setup in my kitchen. In addition, how would I be able to interact with the participants while I am cooking? I've had this request before, but not exactly sure how this could be done and continue to cook and instruct as well.

Back