How are you guys expanding your subscriber base?

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Live streams would be cool, but it would be a bit hard to setup in my kitchen. In addition, how would I be able to interact with the participants while I am cooking? I've had this request before, but not exactly sure how this could be done and continue to cook and instruct as well.
you'd be surprise how simple it is. your best bet is to use your highest most modern cell phone and set up youtube live there and put it aiming at you in the kitchen while maby having a small simple laptop or ipad reading the chat. The trick to live stream is not to reply to every single person that says hi, but to reply from time to time or just narrate what youre doing. for you id be super simple... you can iven set it to record the food cooking for 25min and people will stare at it for hours with 0 human interacition...cuz is FOOD! Do the homework and do it, not many people do live youtube cooking, a gold mine could be waiting for you to dig it.

Reactions: CWA

CWA

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hmm, didn't think about that. How does one get the word out that I'm doing live cooking? It would kinda suck if I only have 5 people watching. LOL.

theResidentPsychopath

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
rewards.webtalk.co
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly I subbed your channel a month ago approximately, but I have only been back twice. I don't really cook a lot of new things. I keep it simple or eat out. I actually have the largest video recipe collection on Facebook that would make you blush, but I never have the time to get into it. Other subs you gain are going to have that time and want to try out a recipe regularly. I think its hit or miss in the niche.

CWA

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Honestly I subbed your channel a month ago approximately, but I have only been back twice. I don't really cook a lot of new things. I keep it simple or eat out. I actually have the largest video recipe collection on Facebook that would make you blush, but I never have the time to get into it. Other subs you gain are going to have that time and want to try out a recipe regularly. I think its hit or miss in the niche.
No doubt. I enjoy cooking and thought maybe some people would like to learn or watch me too. Just a hobby I enjoy doing.

FireShock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I find one way that has worked great for my channel personally, is interacting with other similar channels. I find interacting with channels at the similar level more often than not, makes them take a look at my channel. it's a great way to spread the word about ur channel, I have found.

The Matt Diaries

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I find one way that has worked great for my channel personally, is interacting with other similar channels. I find interacting with channels at the similar level more often than not, makes them take a look at my channel. it's a great way to spread the word about ur channel, I have found.
I have to say I agree with the above. You get to know more creators in your niche and the more you interact with other channels the more chance of people clicking into your channel.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Noir Proxy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
I have been trying to get the subscriber base involved by doing share play challenges like recording a match of Fortnite and then linking it to me and then I will commentate over their video and whoever does the best wins. It went really well originally but the second one which was highly demanded isn't doing super well and it started two days ago with a week deadline. People don't seem to want to take part though, or even care to. 8000+ subs and not a single one gives a shizzle xD

CWA

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have to say I agree with the above. You get to know more creators in your niche and the more you interact with other channels the more chance of people clicking into your channel.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Agreed, but a lot of the larger cooking channels aren't the easiest to get in touch with. One replied and said I was her competition. Strange.

CWA

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have been trying to get the subscriber base involved by doing share play challenges like recording a match of Fortnite and then linking it to me and then I will commentate over their video and whoever does the best wins. It went really well originally but the second one which was highly demanded isn't doing super well and it started two days ago with a week deadline. People don't seem to want to take part though, or even care to. 8000+ subs and not a single one gives a shizzle xD
HelloFresh gives me free meals to give out to subscribers. I've given them out before, but the the ROI for my channel didn't seem to improve. Seemed they just wanted the free code and then I never heard or seen them on my channel again. LOL.