• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Hit 10k!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandSeven7

Loving YTtalk
I have been killing myself building my channel. All the hard work is paying off, and 10k was the goal I set for myself when I started posting on YT. I can't believe I hit it as quickly as I have, and I'm just thankful for all the awesome people in the YT community. When I was just over a 100 subs I found this forum.

I was starting to grow a bit and then ended up here. I have to say my channel wouldn't be where it is without this forum. The guides have been really helpful, and I got great advice on what network to join. I mean who better to learn from than YTers right?

This is one of those moments in life I'll never forget. It's really good feeling to hit a goal. Well off for the next goal of 100k, but I can see it happening now. Might not sleep much on the way there, but who needs sleep anyways :D

I have been killing myself building my channel. All the hard work is paying off, and 10k was the goal I set for myself when I started posting on YT. I can't believe I hit it as quickly as I have, and I'm just thankful for all the awesome people in the YT community. When I was just over a 100 subs I found this forum.
Way to go. 10k subs is huge. What would you say was the most effective strategy you used that translated into an increase in views and subs? What are you going to try to do differently as you grow from now?

I was starting to grow a bit and then ended up here. I have to say my channel wouldn't be where it is without this forum. The guides have been really helpful, and I got great advice on what network to join. I mean who better to learn from than YTers right?

This is one of those moments in life I'll never forget. It's really good feeling to hit a goal. Well off for the next goal of 100k, but I can see it happening now. Might not sleep much on the way there, but who needs sleep anyways :D
That is an amazing accomplishment! Way to go!

Way to go. 10k subs is huge. What would you say was the most effective strategy you used that translated into an increase in views and subs? What are you going to try to do differently as you grow from now?

Learning how to be a YTer basically. When I started uploading, I was throwing out crap for audio quality. I was recording and uploading directly from my phone (mobile game) with no editing, even did one video while driving (don't try that). I always made sure I had good content to post though. I made sure people would get something out of watching my videos if only to make the game easier.

Increasing views has been something I would really like to learn how to control; however, it seems to be one of few stats I can't manipulate. Views have grown steadily however, and I'm still happy with where they're at (25k or so a day). When it comes to likes, favorites, shares, etc, I've used a number of tactics to increase them. I've given away a ton of free accounts for the mobile game I post on. They cost me nothing, and people want particular ones. I simply ask that they comment on the video. This keeps my active viewers participating on the channel.

Now my demographics show that my largest viewer base is 35-44 years old; however, those that interact are much younger. I do not believe that is rare and more likely common for certain types of channels. However, having that like button hit and comments helps for the YT rankings in searches. I own my market for the game I post on. If you type the title of the game in a YT search, the first page is all mine with the exception of some shady tactics of fake hacking videos that are only there for there first few hours or so. Now that dude could probably teach all of us how to title, tag, and etc properly lol.

Understanding who my audience is has really helped me understand what, how and when to post videos. If I simply listened to my comments, I would not be where I am now. Okay I'm rambling on as usual and still got one more question to answer, but I think we can agree that's not a bad thing for a YTer ;)

There are several things I am planning on doing to continue/speed up my growth. First is I am finally doing my first lets play series on the same game I post on, but with an account that is more for the common player in the game. This will appease a number of subs that have been asking for more videos and/or longer videos. I have started spending a lot of time editing and doing multiple takes on the comm, so I am not able to post as much content. I just finished the lets play, and gotta say, I'm very happy with the results. No editing minus combining the video and sound since I record on my phone and upload to the PC. By doing this I am hoping to grow my younger demographic while keeping my current audience happy with my normal content.

Next is using social media more to my advantage. I initially got my channel going by posting links on a forum for the game. If you do this, I advise to be a member and contributor to the forum and posting videos that will benefit the forum members. Do it right and they will support you, but do it wrong and good luck. I currently am using chat apps since I do play a mobile game and the in game is horrible (World Chat actually got banned in it today lol). I made a video to setup a new world chat a couple weeks ago since that's what people needed and it's grown to 500 members or so.

I didn't understand the benefits of social media until recently. I spend hours everyday interacting with fans, I answer all messages in the chat, respond to all comments for about a day for each video. This does a few things. One, people really enjoy talking with a YTer. As weird as it still is, I have fans and they want to spend time interacting with me. By doing so, I show them I care. The next aspect of social media is the pure brilliance of a collective intelligence. I could not possible come up with all the video ideas on my own that have fresh, relevant topics that are entertaining as well. I was even gifted an account that had $1000 plus spent on it for a giveaway.

I want to expand my use of social media in a big way. I don't use FB or Twitter personally. I have the link on my channel, but haven't looked at either since I put the link up. I need to learn to become active in both. They are more mainstream, and will lead to expanding my younger demographics as well.

The last thing I have planned to do is, post on another game. I started on Call of Duty, but quickly realized without a following, I'm not going to grow very fast. So, I found a game that was not only new and no one was posting decent content about it, it was and is super addictive. I understand how addictive a game can be, and it's human nature to seek knowledge on something we can't stop playing. I learned that when I found CoD and then Driftor's YT channel. I spent a day watching everything he had, and I have to give him credit for motivating me to start my own channel.

The next game I post on will be something one of my subs brings me, I play and fall in love with. The most important thing I can do to continue the success I've had is to continue loving what I do. If YT ever becomes boring, or more of a job than a hobby, I need to step back. No matter how good of an actor you are, posting daily videos and the fan interaction will show it if your hearts not in it.

Okay that's a freaking novel hahaha, but you got me talking about how I do what I love :)

That's some great information, thanks for the insight. I think it's pretty important to reflect on how far you've gotten and what has helped you get there. It seems like you're all over that.

Congratulations on 10K subs! That's such a big milestone! I'm at 51, am I'm pretty proud of myself tbh. Anyways, you have some really great tips and tactics. I hope you keep growing!

Congratulations on 10K subs! That's such a big milestone! I'm at 51, am I'm pretty proud of myself tbh. Anyways, you have some really great tips and tactics. I hope you keep growing!

Thanks I really appreciate that. I need to start spending more time in these forums not only to learn, but also to contribute more. I'm actually very shy by nature, so I usually sit quietly by until I'm sure what I have to say is relevant and correct to the particular audience I'm speaking to. I'm more than happy to share it all after I get comfortable. Gotta say the comments from YT are a big reason I am never nervous when recording and able to open up there.

Thanks I really appreciate that. I need to start spending more time in these forums not only to learn, but also to contribute more. I'm actually very shy by nature, so I usually sit quietly by until I'm sure what I have to say is relevant and correct to the particular audience I'm speaking to. I'm more than happy to share it all after I get comfortable. Gotta say the comments from YT are a big reason I am never nervous when recording and able to open up there.

Really well done on the 10k subs and also for your channel's growth. Your progress has been awesome and although we have very different content, it's success like yours that helps me to keep at it. :) You mentioned strategies / techniques for manipulating the video view stats. I'd be interested in discussing that with you, either on or off the forums (via PM maybe?) It's something I'm sort of working on too and I have a few theories about it based on what I've seen on my channel and sort of reverse-engineering what I am seeing on YT in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back