High Page Views Low Earnings?

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
lol you won't get into to trouble. If I was you I would turn on tru view and overlay for all your videos to maximize your revenue. You will only get into trouble if you abuse it but I am sure you are doing it legit so have nothing to worry about.
if i let the entire ad play then it counts as a click? but if i skip it it counts as a click? but not if i skip it in the first 4 seconds? i dont know. ill think about it.

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
but the tru view ads say, you can skip this ad in 5 seconds. so you cant skip the ad before 5 seconds.

Jason Ingersoll

ingerock productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
but the tru view ads say, you can skip this ad in 5 secmonitizingonds. so you cant skip the ad before 5 seconds.
you want tru view on otherwise you won't make any money. Its defiantly a huge benefit to being able to monetize your video. You are right I forgot that the skip only shows up after the first 5 seconds. I think its if you watch for another 5 seconds that it counts as a click.

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
you want tru view on otherwise you won't make any money. Its defiantly a huge benefit to being able to monetize your video. You are right I forgot that the skip only shows up after the first 5 seconds. I think its if you watch for another 5 seconds that it counts as a click.
i still feel iffy about it since i dont really know what counts as a click and what doesnt now.

Jason Ingersoll

ingerock productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i still feel iffy about it since i dont really know what counts as a click and what doesnt now.
ok well, check out what google has to say about it. Its actually easier to take advantage of the overlays because people could click on those causing click abuse and get you banned where as there is no way to keep watching a video over and over in tru view because its random. Its all about personal preference but if you want to make money with adsense then trueview is the way to go the only way to make any real money with overlay is if you get millions of viewers a video otherwise you will be just making pennies.

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
ok well, check out what google has to say about it. Its actually easier to take advantage of the overlays because people could click on those causing click abuse and get you banned where as there is no way to keep watching a video over and over in tru view because its random. Its all about personal preference but if you want to make money with adsense then trueview is the way to go the only way to make any real money with overlay is if you get millions of viewers a video otherwise you will be just making pennies.
so why havent you made money today if you had so many views?

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
my guess is most of the views are mobile views like from cell phones and such. Because I am not a full YouTube partner they don't show ads before mobile views.
probably. ok well thanks for all the education today. ill think about what you said. gotta go now. bye, and thanks for subscribing to me, btw. :)

Reactions: Jason Ingersoll

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A lot of people have ad blocker and it completely blocks the ads on YouTube videos. I don't know if that's it but I can tell you its probably some of it. I know a lot of people who have ad blocker.