Hiding Sub count

Hence why I have mines hidden as well, haha (I think). Asides from that view count also plays a role in people's judgements. Oh well

personally it turns me off from subscribing to someone when they hide the count, either they are hiding because they sub4sub, or they are ashamed of their subscriber number.
please don't feel it brings your channel down, if anything its uplifting to watch a fantastic video, and then find out the channel is so small! Like finding a gem amongst the rubble. Also you can be proud to say you were subbed since under 1k, if they ever do make it big.

I noticed people who do hide their sub counts get more views. So possibly more people subscribe. However I don't subscribe if people hide their sub count, even if I enjoy their video because if a youtuber won't even show their sub count to their subscribers, than they aren't really caring. but you can still look on social blade, right?

I comsidereddoing this but I'd rather just let people see it, either they like the content or not. But I only have like 15 subs...so I may need to do this lol

personally it turns me off from subscribing to someone when they hide the count, either they are hiding because they sub4sub, or they are ashamed of their subscriber number.
please don't feel it brings your channel down, if anything its uplifting to watch a fantastic video, and then find out the channel is so small! Like finding a gem amongst the rubble. Also you can be proud to say you were subbed since under 1k, if they ever do make it big.

The earlier comments nearly motivated me to hide mine until yours came along and brought me back to "reality" xD

I have the same views as you. I'm not gonna subscribe to someone with no sub count because if your contents are good enough, the numbers would speak for themselves.

I did it for like a week when I had like 200 subscribers and it doesn't help. In my opinion, viewers don't wanna click subscribe if a person chose to hide their sub count. It's like disabling your like/dislike button. I would never subscribe to anybody that hides it.

I don't know about you guys but it's been about a week now since I hid my sub count. I was at 515 when i started and I'm currently at 531 subs at the moment. I'm still monitoring it further to see what happens

it seems to almost always hide some shady practices. often if you look into detail in these channel's socialblade graphs, their subscriber counts go up by thousands incredibly quickly, then have no growth.

Reactions: nad
Back