Has being a creator changed how you view youtube videos?

A bit I would say. If I think a video is great, I'm giving it a thumbs up and / or a comment, I mostly were not logged in all the time.
I'm also taking a look on the editing and now I understand how much work it is, so I can appreciate some videos even more, if there is some great editing.

I don't know Sony Vegas but I understand it's similar to Adobe Premierre which I do use. With Premierre you don't do more complicated effects (it has a lot of limitations for anything that is not editing related) but instead you use After Effects to do what it seems you want Vegas to do. Maybe Sony has an equivelent of that you can look into.
Oooh thanks! I'll have a look

I'll tell ya that for videos that I don't like, I don't let them just run in the background anymore. Now that I know how important watchtime is. Actually it makes me very selective and picky so I watch even less than before, which wasn't much to start with

Now that I'm a creator I find myself hitting that like button or commenting more often than before, on videos as I know how important engagement is to the creator. I also find myself wondering how some videos are much more popular than others. For instance, I've seen a few videos where the quality was horrible and the content didn't take much thought getting high engagement to then watch another video with high quality and thought put in with almost no engagement. LOL. It leaves me scratching my head, for sure.

Back