Great Channel Name?

Which Channel Name should I go with?

• Colby Mullinax

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Colby Wan-Kenobi

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I saw a channel with "Wan-Kenobi" in the title, I'd probably not click on the video as I'd assume the channel is Star Wars related, and I don't like Star Wars enough to check out an entire channel about it (presumably). Unless you want to limit yourself to a specific topic, it's best to avoid names that imply a certain topic.

So I'm trying to come up with a channel name for my vlogs and don't know if I should go with just my name or my nickname.

My nickname is Colby Wan-Kenobi because I've always been a huge Star Wars fan growing up and my dad has called me that since he first took me to watch Star Wars. By the way I'm only 23 lol so I think the first movie of Star Wars I saw was Episode 4, but at home until Episode 1 came out in theaters.

So I would like to stick with my nickname, but for a vlog that just doesn't seem to go along with what I'll be vlogging about; however, I also don't really want to just be plain and go with my name.

I've set up a poll to see what my fellow YTtalk community has to say about this.

Any and all opinions will be greatly appreciated :)
hah!! Dude, Colby Wan-Kenobi is such a suck name!! I would totally name your vlog that! It may not have exactly what your vlog is in the name but you can mention that its your nickname in your channel trailer. I think people like to feel like they know you personally, so having then able to refer to you by your nickname would be awesome. Plus that name stands out and is super easy to remember!

Pick something you think up! Dont over think the name as long as its not offensive people come for the content not the name of the channel.

Back