Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I'm trying to come up with a channel name for my vlogs and don't know if I should go with just my name or my nickname.

My nickname is Colby Wan-Kenobi because I've always been a huge Star Wars fan growing up and my dad has called me that since he first took me to watch Star Wars. By the way I'm only 23 lol so I think the first movie of Star Wars I saw was Episode 4, but at home until Episode 1 came out in theaters.

So I would like to stick with my nickname, but for a vlog that just doesn't seem to go along with what I'll be vlogging about; however, I also don't really want to just be plain and go with my name.

I've set up a poll to see what my fellow YTtalk community has to say about this.

Any and all opinions will be greatly appreciated :)

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Cool thank you for your input :) I've actually thought about that myself lol

Reactions: Maxemole

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I actually like the sound of your real name. If your vlogs are mainly going to centred around Star Wars though, then the second option may be better. But if it's about everything then I like the first!

Reactions: Cmullinax93

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I actually like the sound of your real name. If your vlogs are mainly going to centred around Star Wars though, then the second option may be better. But if it's about everything then I like the first!
Thnx bro! I've thought about it and I believe I'm going with my real name and yeah it won't be anything on Star Wars unless it's a day I go watch a new Star Wars movie and I'll vlog about it lol

DiscoGnome

Reaction score
if you go with colby wan kenobi, you should be ok in search results...

when picking something that might be associated with something famous, you run the risk of getting lost in search results, I think you'll be ok with that, most searches for "obi wan" will be just that.

with "wan kenobi" you''ll be hard pressed not to go with a star wars flavor in terms of branding, probably best to avoid.

As a vlogger, you should stick with your real name, I think that would help you make more of a connection to your viewers.

Reactions: Cmullinax93

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
if you go with colby wan kenobi, you should be ok in search results...

when picking something that might be associated with something famous, you run the risk of getting lost in search results, I think you'll be ok with that, most searches for "obi wan" will be just that.

with "wan kenobi" you''ll be hard pressed not to go with a star wars flavor in terms of branding, probably best to avoid.

As a vlogger, you should stick with your real name, I think that would help you make more of a connection to your viewers.
Cool Thank you for that insight it was very helpful.

shanesmaineshop

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
lots of great ideas. I think go with your gut but try to keep it unique.