Good HD Video Camera

SnowOnyx

I'm so chill it's spooky.
I've gone through a few pages of this forum and couldn't find a good answer.
I'm going to start doing vlogs again but I want to be able to do it in HD without worrying if people can hear me and worrying about the camera wiggling around. It can be in any price range also.
Thank you for the help.

*Edit* Also tell me if it has a USB cable that comes with it or not.

I got mine for $89.99, its a canon digital camera that records in 720p, not perfect, but definitely better than my phone which i used to use XP check Best Buy

Panasonic Hx-dc2 its great out doors and in good light plus cheap. (i did a test video for my first ever youtube video)
(comes with everything you need)

Or

Go with the more high end DSLR like a canon 650D, but it can be harder to get verything setup the first time and you might need an external mic depending on how good you want your sound?

I use canon 1100D however it does not have a screen that you can look at yourself to see yourself but it has a screen on the other side where you take the photos, it's a good camera but there are better ones. there is a new canon DSLR where the camera creen can be flipped so you can see yourself and know what you are doing. it always records in HD but for every 30-40 mins it takes about 8 gb so it is alot of memory that you need to shorten up on movie maker.
yes, it does has a usb cable and a memory slot.
however it's mostly made to take photos than a video where it is on manual focus and you cannot edit the settings on the video they are defult.
hope it helps. you can check my videos to see how it looks like, i record art but at the end i have a small recording of my cat if you want to check the quality out.

in my opinion, get the canon cybershot cameras, they have way better quality and are amaing, they self focus and easy to carry around.

This really depends on how much you have to spend - what is your budget??

Most smartphones these days have excellent cameras - chances are you may well have a very good camera already and only need a tripod!

If you have a small budget, you could get away with a Flip HD - they have been discontinued now, so you'll be able to pick one up pretty cheap!

With a mid-range budget you could pick up a decent video camcorder.

If you have a larger budget then you could stretch to a DSLR. I have a Cannon 650D (T4i) which I rate highly and use for all my videos now.

Bear in mind video is one part of the package - consider an external mic (I use a Audio Technica ATR-3550 - its good quality, has a mega long cable, and cheap!), and also consider some external lighting. Lighting will have an effect on image quality, whereas the mic will give you much better sound then any built in camera mic.

I can suggest two:

Samsung R10, it's the one I use and it costs £180 on Amazon. I'm sure with good lighting it would record well, the audio is the standard camera audio though.

Canon EOS 550D - Costs around £500 on Amazing, it records in immaculate HD, although you'll need to buy a separate mic and the inbuilt mic is awful on those cameras.

I would personally go for a Go Pro if you dont want to spend much or a Canon T3i or T4i.
All of these are great for recording and also shoot at 1080

Back