Getting Your First 100 Subs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deron

Getting your first 100 subs is the hardest milestone in my book cause once you hit a 100 subs, you will just start to gain subs a lot faster. That is something I realize, I guess youtube push you a bit more if you reach a 100 subs or other viewers see you have subscribers and like your content and want to be apart of your subscribers. What do you guys think?

I get about 5+ a day now and it grows.

Although some days are better than others I dunno

I did not really experience that hold period since one of my videos went semi viral.

Getting your first 100 subs is the hardest milestone in my book cause once you hit a 100 subs, you will just start to gain subs a lot faster. That is something I realize, I guess youtube push you a bit more if you reach a 100 subs or other viewers see you have subscribers and like your content and want to be apart of your subscribers. What do you guys think?
I didn't notice a pickup after 100. I'm sitting at 904 right now and it's taken me about 8 years to get there. I can't really count the full 8 years because I was inactive after my first 3 videos until February 2012, but still I don't think YouTube pushes you any more at 100 subs.

I get about two or three a day, and yeah, the first 100 is definitely the hardest. I got to 200 faster than I got to 100, suffice it to say.

It's the typical snowball effect, really. Every subscriber you gain could potentially tell their friends about you, and then they could tell their friends and it kind of just evolves from there - to the point where one day in the future, they'll all be like, "Dude, you watch _____ too? Awesome!"

It's definitely hard getting to your first 100, that's for sure. It takes so much work and even now, the majority of bigger YouTubers will tell you that it's such an uphill battle.
But it's doable! I'd say getting to the first 1,000 is the toughest of all, and after that (while it's obviously far from plain sailing) it's a little easier. But you do have to put the work in for it, regardless of where you are. It's easy to think you don't have to try as hard once you've reached your goal, but you've gotta keep giving your all and that'll keep the numbers rising.

Took me not even 3 months to reach the 100 subs without any promoting. I guess it really depends on the kind of content you create whether it is hard or not.
But I agree that the beginning is the hardest. I don't think youtube pushes channels once they reach 100 subs, but people rather subscribe to a channel that already has a decent amount.

My tip for the beginners: Reather upload less videos but very good quality than blasting out a whole lot of junk.
I only upload 1-2 videos per month and I'm doing very well.

I passed up 100 subscribers maybe a month or two ago, and I noticed a bit of a pick-up but nothing too drastic:giggle:
I feel like it really depends on how you promote yourself and how good the content is that you post, but even then you can stay at one subscriber count for a long time so maybe it's just luck too:happy:

I have definitely become more motivated to make videos after hitting the 100 mark. Eventually some kind and encouraging people will come along and motivate you to work harder - once you have third-party support (and not just the support of people you know), it lets you know that you're doing something right, and gives you the strength to carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back