Getting search traffic completely unrelated to vids

Have you ever gotten YT search traffic from keywords that have nothing to do with your videos, descriptions, or tags? Is this normal? I am getting a bunch from what seems like random searches. For instance, I have ZERO content about Scooby Doo.

My retention rate has been going up though, which is even stranger. A week ago it was around 30%. This morning, 47% and regular search traffic. Lots of watch time from the search traffic. Maybe YouTube is drunk.

iv noticed some views coming from completely unrelated video's sometimes. a lot of times I don't notice cause there be 1 view related views. so they may be back a few pages generally with really good retention, if you go up and select to only show subscriber views. generally all that super unrelated suggested video views are all from subscribers. so because they are subscribed and have watched other video's YouTube suggests my video even though its completely unrelated to what they were last watching.

iv noticed some views coming from completely unrelated video's sometimes. a lot of times I don't notice cause there be 1 view related views. so they may be back a few pages generally with really good retention, if you go up and select to only show subscriber views. generally all that super unrelated suggested video views are all from subscribers. so because they are subscribed and have watched other video's YouTube suggests my video even though its completely unrelated to what they were last watching.

Now that you mention that, I remember hearing or reading something like that about suggested videos. Maybe from the Creator channel

Not on YouTube, but on my blog, I've gotten hits for keywords that appear absolutely nowhere in the article. I mean not even close. Google has been snorting something weird sometimes.

Have you ever gotten YT search traffic from keywords that have nothing to do with your videos, descriptions, or tags? Is this normal? I am getting a bunch from what seems like random searches. For instance, I have ZERO content about Scooby Doo.
its normally happen when you are using general tags that can cover massive term
Search Term: footage video of bangladesh fight match
My Tag that count this search term : unbelievable moments in sports
so look with one of your tags can cover massive term search if you need help i can have a look for you :)

its normally happen when you are using general tags that can cover massive term
Search Term: footage video of bangladesh fight match
My Tag that count this search term : unbelievable moments in sports
so look with one of your tags can cover massive term search if you need help i can have a look for you :)

I use tags specific to the games that I play, so that would not be possible here. Thanks for the offer!

These tags:

how to,elgato,tutorial,elgato game capture,elgato hd60,elgato gaming,microphone,set up,settings,game capture,elgato game capture hd,elgato sound capture,game capture hd,how to record,recording,setup,gameplay,audio,game,capture,game capture setup,game capture settings,voice meeter banana,elgato hd60 s,avs video editor,how to record gaming,best audio recording settings,gaming setup for youtube,how to record for youtube,elgato hd60 and blue yeti mic setup

Have no explanation for search referrals from keywords such as "top 10 p**n sites" and other off the wall searches. The only explanation is that YT includes random posts from people they viewed before. The random searches came before this one off-topic video was uploaded.

Example of normal tags I use:

Watch Dogs,Watch Dogs Gameplay,Watch Dogs PS4,Watch Dogs Review,Watch Dogs Ending,Watch Dogs Gameplay Part 24,Watch Dogs Walkthrough,Watch Dogs Mission 24,Watch Dogs PC,Watch Dogs theResidentPsychopath,Watch Dogs XBox One,Watch Dogs PlayStation 4,Watch Dogs Xbox 360,Watch Dogs Wii U,Watch Dogs Microsoft Windows,Ubisoft,Walkthrough Gameplay,District Unlock,watch dogs walkthrough part 1,watch dogs part 1,watch dogs gameplay part 1

Most videos use this format and switch up based on the game.

Back