Freedom pledges to invest $100,000 for its smaller partners - Thoughts?

I can just see the pitch now.

"We're pledging to invest $101,000 into features specifically for our smaller partners. We know that they already have mice and keyboards, so we decided what better way to help them out than by actually promoting their channels. Channels who spam our comments section begging will be disqualified."
Does everyone here hate Freedom? :p

What did TGN George do?

Offered TGN partners 100% revenue share. Which was actually 100% revenue share AFTER BBTV took their mysterious cut. Among other things.

Essentially it boils down to used car sales over the top hype with no substance.

Three things.

1. Yes Freedom has 60,000 partners but a large number probably won't be interested in this sponsorship. This is gaming equipment so anyone who is not a gamer wouldn't really care. Also, videos on the freedom channel get like 5,000 views so I'm sure a lot of partners are out of the loop as to whats going on and don't even know there are sponsorships. Plus, their leave anytime policy means there are always channels leaving the network. So I doubt there are even close to 30,000 (which is half the network) partners are interested.

2. It seems like they are doing two types of sponsorships one though Gamdias which is for bigger channels, which is the google doc I saw someone else posted. But if you aren't big enough to be sponsored though Gamdias you are sponsored though Freedom! This is interesting how in the end both big and small channels get sponsored.

3. I have been following what Freedom! is doing because I think business practices are interesting especially compared to other networks. But I think I will stop watching them, I don't even know what the they are doing anymore. I think they are doing too much too fast, George has a million projects going on and they haven't even been around for a year yet.

Three things.

1. Yes Freedom has 60,000 partners but a large number probably won't be interested in this sponsorship. This is gaming equipment so anyone who is not a gamer wouldn't really care. Also, videos on the freedom channel get like 5,000 views so I'm sure a lot of partners are out of the loop as to whats going on and don't even know there are sponsorships. Plus, their leave anytime policy means there are always channels leaving the network. So I doubt there are even close to 30,000 (which is half the network) partners are interested.

2. It seems like they are doing two types of sponsorships one though Gamdias which is for bigger channels, which is the google doc I saw someone else posted. But if you aren't big enough to be sponsored though Gamdias you are sponsored though Freedom! This is interesting how in the end both big and small channels get sponsored.

3. I have been following what Freedom! is doing because I think business practices are interesting especially compared to other networks. But I think I will stop watching them, I don't even know what the they are doing anymore. I think they are doing too much too fast, George has a million projects going on and they haven't even been around for a year yet.
Each of their Sponsorship videos gets 4500 comments, and Im guessing each person commented 4 times, so thats 1100ish people that comment on the Sponsorship videos.

Each of their Sponsorship videos gets 4500 comments, and Im guessing each person commented 4 times, so thats 1100ish people that comment on the Sponsorship videos.

Yeah and maybe some of them are different people on each video and some of them post less then four comments. Plus, there are the larger channels that can get sponsored through Gamdias. I estimate maybe around 2,000 channels that want to be sponsored right now. But I'm just guessing, really. But still my point is that even though they have 60,000 partners, it does not mean that 60,000 channels want a sponsorship.

You've missed the point. They have 60,000 small channels (well under 1K subs). They're pledging a reasonable amount of money to "help the little guys" by doing it in a way that doesn't help the little guys, nor helps a significant portion of their partner channels. The entire drive is a promotional tool for Freedom and has nothing to do with helping channels.

You've missed the point. They have 60,000 small channels (well under 1K subs). They're pledging a reasonable amount of money to "help the little guys" by doing it in a way that doesn't help the little guys, nor helps a significant portion of their partner channels. The entire drive is a promotional tool for Freedom and has nothing to do with helping channels.
Well 95% of the people on Freedom dont care if its a promotional thing, they just want free stuff
:p :p

Back