FREE Green Screen Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt? Interesting. How well does that work? Part of me is thinking "thicker=good, but fuzzy=bad"...
Felt works very good, but be sure that the felt is not so thin that you can see the wall behind it. Like you said, the thicker it is usually the better, but if it's too fuzzy it can become different colors!

If you had a rear projection projector with a large enough screen this could work. I feel like the TV (especially an LCD) could give off so much light that it'll make your subject dark (old rule in photography) where a green screen, the light is on the subject (from at least two angles). If you have a dark enough background you could get away with the TV. I use a $15 green screen tacked to a wall. I light it up with two $10 floor lamps angled. It does a well enough job for $35.

I used to use green paint on a cardboard box that I found in the recycle bin. It worked pretty well! : D You can get little sample sizes of the green paint at hardware stores for like $2.50. Make sure there is no gloss in the paint (usually sample paints don't have a lot of gloss) because shiny green screens = editing headache.

You would need a very good quality camera for this. You would also have to take into account the reflection and light from the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back