Fireviews

Hey guys,
Sorry I haven't replied yet. I've been really busy. But I didn't forget about you :p
But anyway, I've been reading your suggestions and I see a lot of really good ideas.
Likes actually do show up on your Youtube videos! But only if you've connected your Youtube account with Fireviews. Dislikes are not sent to Youtube, because really who needs more dislikes?
Some comments will also show up on your Youtube video page, but not all of them. We'd like to post all the comments to Youtube, but unfortunately Youtube has pretty strict comment posting limits (to prevent spam and such), so the number of Fireviews comments that will show up on your Youtube video page is basically determined randomly. But at least all your comments will always be visible on your Fireviews page, so you can see all the feedback you're getting.
And as for leaving anonymous feedback, I think that's a really good idea. It would help to prevent people from taking their revenge for negative ratings by leaving even more negative ratings and comments. But there's a problem with that. If anyone could rate profiles anonymously, they could leave a lot of negative comments and be able to easily get away with it. We want to keep the community as friendly as possible, while helping people get the best possible feedback from viewers. So we're working on a solution to this problem, but it's just not quite as simple as allowing people to post anonymously.

Hey guys,
Sorry I haven't replied yet. I've been really busy. But I didn't forget about you :p
But anyway, I've been reading your suggestions and I see a lot of really good ideas.
Likes actually do show up on your Youtube videos! But only if you've connected your Youtube account with Fireviews. Dislikes are not sent to Youtube, because really who needs more dislikes?
Some comments will also show up on your Youtube video page, but not all of them. We'd like to post all the comments to Youtube, but unfortunately Youtube has pretty strict comment posting limits (to prevent spam and such), so the number of Fireviews comments that will show up on your Youtube video page is basically determined randomly. But at least all your comments will always be visible on your Fireviews page, so you can see all the feedback you're getting.
And as for leaving anonymous feedback, I think that's a really good idea. It would help to prevent people from taking their revenge for negative ratings by leaving even more negative ratings and comments. But there's a problem with that. If anyone could rate profiles anonymously, they could leave a lot of negative comments and be able to easily get away with it. We want to keep the community as friendly as possible, while helping people get the best possible feedback from viewers. So we're working on a solution to this problem, but it's just not quite as simple as allowing people to post anonymously.
You are the freaking coolest man! Thanks for listening to us, responding to us, and just being involved in our feedback and suggestions. I think it's sooo cool that the likes go to youtube and the dislikes don't hahaha that's awesome! I understand everything you are saying too. I wonder if perhaps people could gain the right to post anonymously as some sort of reward for being a large part of the fireviews community or something.. it's not the best suggestion but I'm just throwing out ideas. Anyway, thanks again man, I have so much respect for you and your business now!

Hey fireviews, here's an idea. Figure out a credit system where people earn credits or are given a limited amount of credits to post anonymously, so you only have so many times you can do it, and instead of being able to just be a hater all the time, you have to choose wisely what videos you anonymously post on. Yeah? Good idea? So far I don't see any flaws in it, look forward to hearing your thoughts.

I'm gonna give this site a try. Wish me luck!
You wont be disappointed!
--- merged: Apr 26, 2012 11:44 AM ---
Hey guys,
Thanks for responding to our questions once again ;), I like that the likes go to youtube and the dislikes don't haha, Maybe you should 'require' that you link your youtube to your fireviews account, so that more people will have their accounts linked = more likes count on youtube!

Actually it involves too much effort, haha. Maybe sometime soon when I get more time.
That's why having money would be nice, buying fireviews is way easier than viewing to get views, but meh.. when you're broke you gotta do what you gotta do.

Buying Fire Views is a great way to jump into Fireviews if you don't have the time to spend earning free views. People who buy views usually jump to the top of the most popular page (as long as their content is rated positively by the community) much quicker than others, and it's also a good way to get top priority in the viewing order (you get viewed first by new members).
I know it probably doesn't mean much coming from the Founder telling you how effective it is to buy views on Fireviews, but we really have had amazing results. It's like the most efficient and effective form of advertising on the web. Instead of advertising through boring old banner ads, you get a whole profile with feedback and interaction from everyone who views it on Fireviews.
And we really do appreciate the support. The money we make from views is what helps keep the site online, and pays for advertising to keep Fireviews growing, and many other things.

Back