Finding your niche while everyone guns for the popular genres

This is very true. When I first wanted to start my Youtube channel I wanted to do a gaming channel with commentary. I quickly realized this market is not only over saturated but downright flooded. So I rather focused on something I loved doing; listening to,reading and learning about stories. I don't know if anyone will like a channel about Mythology but I'm having fun and I think that's what should count ^^

Great post!

I actually kinda disagree with you. I think however many people are doing the same old thing, people are used to these tags, challenges, DIY, lists, etc... and are more comfortable clicking on such a video than a new one with an original concept becuase it's more of a 'bet' of whether you're gonna like it or not

I actually kinda disagree with you. I think however many people are doing the same old thing, people are used to these tags, challenges, DIY, lists, etc... and are more comfortable clicking on such a video than a new one with an original concept becuase it's more of a 'bet' of whether you're gonna like it or not
Which is why so many themes on Youtube are completely over saturated and becoming stale. If you present an original idea in a fun and interested way then people will be more likely to W+L+S However if you present an old idea in an old way, people will watch, maybe like but they won't always subscribe. Which is why we get a lot of people complaining about 'I have x amount of views but only y amount of subscribers' their content is 'popular; but unoriginal and people are moe likely to stick with Channels who offer the same content but who they know better.

Although this is just my opinion :)

Great post!
We get a lot of gaming/vlog/ (not so much) beauty people on here. If they have a good intro, I check out the channel and a sense of sameness overwhelms me and I usually don't bother to finish watching, especially gaming videos. The most unique concept I've seen here are a couple of guys that take on the personality of old women. Some vlogs have an infectious energy which is cool, normally not enough to sub.

Back