Feeling Down About YouTube

I think you should keep the channel and start a new one (if you really want a gaming channel too) you saythat music channels are incredibly hard to build and that´s true but it goes for all channels IMO.. It is hard to grow a channel and motivation will be low at times I think all of us have felt that way. I hpoe you find the motivation to continue:up2:

I would suggest keeping the content seperate. If you start producing gaming videos; I think it would confuse your music fans and vice versa if/when you upload future music content.
I have 4/5 channels and keep the content seperated and try to grow each genre as their own.

Hey guys,

I think I need to change my channel direction a little. It's been mentioned on here before to me that music channels are incredibly hard to build (and for good reason - there's MILLIONS of them!)

I've wanted to slant my channel towards gamiong for a while (I'm a massive gamer), but I'm a little concerned as I am a serious gigging musician outside of YouTube and my channel ideally needs to represent me. I've also been finding it harder and harder to drive people to my channel, despite people saying they enjoy my content.

Does anyone have any tips or advice? I've been feeling pretty down about the whole thing...

Youtube is hard if you don't plan everything, when i started my channel, 3 weeks ago, i had everything planned months before, if you dream doing something, study your niche, and do something you love, dont do something that you think thats gonna be successful and you dont enjoy it.

Being good at videos its a mix of doing what you love, with a lot of research and strategy behind, we can only blame ourselves if we not successful .

I think you should keep doing the music, but occasionally have other videos of gaming, or of whatever you want.
If I was following a musician on Youtube, I'd be just as into their personal videos because I want to know more about the artist. I think think videos like that ADD to a musician's character.

I'd definitely suggest having about three or four playlists on your main channel with music at the top, and stuff like gaming below.

I'm suggesting all of this just based on what would draw me into someone's channel.

Back