Feeling Down About YouTube

Katt Strike

Loving YTtalk
Hey guys,

I think I need to change my channel direction a little. It's been mentioned on here before to me that music channels are incredibly hard to build (and for good reason - there's MILLIONS of them!)

I've wanted to slant my channel towards gamiong for a while (I'm a massive gamer), but I'm a little concerned as I am a serious gigging musician outside of YouTube and my channel ideally needs to represent me. I've also been finding it harder and harder to drive people to my channel, despite people saying they enjoy my content.

Does anyone have any tips or advice? I've been feeling pretty down about the whole thing...

Maybe have some different channel with completely different topic. Trial and error lots of different ideas and see what works. If you only ever do what you've only ever done, you'll always get the same result. Someone cleverer than me said that.. i forget who.. I mostly get my fave quotes from Stewie Griffin.

Gaming? every day i wake up and hope, pray, dream that one day.. just one time, before i die, somewher in this cruel wurld, that there just might be somewhere, anywhere .. where I could go and see a gaming channel on the youtoob.

My main channel is automotive. Almost 2 years ago I started a gaming channel and uploaded 1 video. Never touched it again until recently. It looks like your main is close to hitting that magic 1K subscriber mark. I would not change what you do there for risk of alienating your viewers. Rather start a second channel and start producing gaming content there. Your YouTube name is on point for a gaming channel though! I simply added "Games" behind my handle "TheDutchTexan" which is something you could do as well. I also added a new facebook page and instagram. I am not bothering with Twitter as most of the stuff I do is instagram first and facebook second. I think it is important to keep a separation between the two. I am sure I would p**s of a lot of folk if I were to start producing gaming content on my main.

I don't have much experience with youtubing, let alone with juggling a few youtube channels with different niches. However I'd suggest to you to do what you believe you should do. I don't think creating or changing ones channel direction even though it may not FULLY be representative of who they are, is bad. But I think it should represent the person you are in some sense. If you are in to gaming and into music, why not create two different channels? if not, I don't think it's bad if you where to shift your channel from music to gaming, especially if it is also something you love doing.

It is very difficult to stand out as a music channel. That's definitely true. But are you thinking it might be any easier to stand out as a GAMING CHANNEL? Your music channel seems to have great health with people commenting and watching everything you post. Is there any way you can keep it fresh in the realm of music for yourself?

Is it really difficult to standout as a music channel?
I don't know a thing on gaming but I know that I search music a lot.
Covers, something that many people like and listen again and again.
(just another opinion...)
:)
Here is a hint you say "My channel is mainly music orientated...
...but I also hope to start making tutorials to help those who want to learn how to make/produce music! "
Guess that either you have to change description either try this first.
Offering something as tutorials to people is always appreciated!
;)

Believe me, a gaming channel is even harder!! Maby you could do more research about how to grow your channel, use tags and do covers of new 'big' trending songs.
You have the voice for it! Good luck! :)

I would think about starting a NEW channel, keeping your music channel, so you can come back to it when you want to work on it more. My channel is very mixed, But I have started separate channels for new ideas.
Steve

I definitely understand your struggles. I looked at your channel and noticed you're only uploading about one video a month or less. I understand that music videos take a while to create, but I would suggest posting at least once a week. They don't all have to be super high quality song covers. You can just upload videos about your opinion on singing, how you make your videos, etc.

Just remember: Youtube takes time. It took me 1.5 years to get my first 100 subs, and then another 3 months to get my first 1,000.

I don't have a lot of advise on the subject. I will just encourage you to go after what you feel like is the right direction. Don't give up on any idea until you try. You will get it figured out. :)

Back