Fair use question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello forum ,

I have a question regarding fair use can you monetize a video where you use ufc highlights or boxing highlights from different videos and create a compilation with royalty free music is that considered fair use ?

sincerely ,

For me it looks like a lot of people are doing this. If you are going to do this, please make it HD with some quality content, and not some s**t that is stolen hard from someone else. Find something new, not just old s**t on youtube.

For me it looks like a lot of people are doing this. If you are going to do this, please make it HD with some quality content, and not some s**t that is stolen hard from someone else. Find something new, not just old s**t on youtube.
Look havoc the reason why i am asking this around December 2017 so many channels got terminated included mine...
I created high quality videos with amazing editing .... used only small pieces from different videos to create something new...
was it right for them to terminate me ... so that's why i am asking is it fair use ?
according to fair use you can borrow small clips to create something new in a transformative manner ... but fair use is still not easy to understand.

If in any doubt that you can use a clip, ask the owner of the clip or don't use it. save yourself the hassle.

If in any doubt that you can use a clip, ask the owner of the clip or don't use it. save yourself the hassle.
i did that since 2014 never had any problems with hbo boxing or ufc never any strikes nothing even had contact with creator support they helped me with monetization .. and all of sudden in February 04 2017 suspended no reason nothing ... that was not right from youtube

I think you can do it until you get caught. Fair use doesn't apply there has to typically be as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work not just flog and put music over it for Fair Use to count if you don't have permission from the owners.

Technically no probably not but the people who actually own that content most likely wont come after you for it. "Fair use" isn't an actual law like a lot of people think it is. At the end of the day if it gets brought to court It's up to the judge to decide weather or not something is actually "fair use"

Yeah i know fair use is not easy oh well .. if boxing ufc highlights are not fair use..
then they should probably bann the whole youtube community so many reactors reuploading basket ball uploading highlights so many peoples using stuff from some one else to create vines with no permission
we would only be left with vloggers and gamers lol ... oh well i guess my channel is not coming back 3 years hard work countless editing all gone...
thanks guys for the reply ...

when reading up on fair use the video you are wanting to make doesn't seem to be protected by fair use so I would say you would get banned from YouTube if caught by the rightful owners of the clips.

Fair use is a pretty broad term.. I think youtube should tell us more of what's allowed to do and what's not allowed to do when it comes to fair use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back