fair use is 100% dead on YouTube now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some random guy has put in a copyright claim on one of your videos and that means that fair use is 100% dead on youtube. Whoa you must be a pretty important person, like God, or Santa

Some random guy has put in a copyright claim on one of your videos and that means that fair use is 100% dead on youtube. Whoa you must be a pretty important person, like God, or Santa

^This. Matt, as much as it sucks, and as much as it pisses me off; Italy has far different laws than we do. They don't have fair use. It's a law that's almost entirely exclusive to the US and Canada. HOWEVER... content used for the purpose of criticism is perfectly fine. And THAT is where they don't have the right to file a claim.

^This. Matt, as much as it sucks, and as much as it pisses me off; Italy has far different laws than we do. They don't have fair use. It's a law that's almost entirely exclusive to the US and Canada. HOWEVER... content used for the purpose of criticism is perfectly fine. And THAT is where they don't have the right to file a claim.
YouTube follows the US law not Italy's law so there for they are not allowed to do that

YouTube is not required to adopt Fair Use as it is a private entity. Fair Use is a legal defense when being sued for copyright infringement. They can take your video down for any reason including if the sky was blue that day.

Just counter it and if they give you a copyright strike counter it again. This will make youtube email them and tell them to send proof that they are now suing you in court or youtube releases the video footage after 30 days. No one in the history of youtube has been sued over a counter DMCA and this company isnt about to spend millions of dollars trying to sue you in international court or try to extradite you to Italy. Call their bluff.

Well the video is no longer claim by them now since I dispute it and they removed the claim so I'm a bit happy now that they removed it

www. youtube.com/watch?v=bBCvyMY6qXM
Seems that a lot of people have things to complain about this channel.

But take a look at this comment:
"JUST CONTACT THEM AND THEY WILL RELEASE THE CLAIM... I called them in Italy for my video and they released it Immediately...Talk to riccardo.pavone@yam112003.com
He's a nice guy"

Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back