fair use is 100% dead on YouTube now

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattRletsplay

Reaction score
So lately one of our reviews got Copyright claim on YouTube by Yam112003 Endemol so I emailed Yam112003 Endemol and they said "we wont remove the claim because we don't have fair use in Italy" and I got so p****d.
Since YouTube is in the U.S should "fair use" should work world wide on YouTube since YouTube is in the U.S like I call this bull and YouTube need to fix this

UPDATE: Yam112003 says they have the license to AoT in Italy

Last edited:

TheDoctor_13

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Probably something with how your country deals with it, nothing youtube can really do, fair use is a seemingly U.S thing. Though I don't really know anything.

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
He doesn't own the content, so you should counter claim that.

mattRletsplay

Reaction score
Probably something with how your country deals with it, nothing youtube can really do, fair use is a seemingly U.S thing. Though I don't really know anything.
well I live in canada not Italy so I don't get it like the video is in english[DOUBLEPOST=1403563228,1403563168][/DOUBLEPOST]
He doesn't own the content, so you should counter claim that.
they said they license that anime in Italy :/

Qazplm

The Q in YTtalq
Reaction score
well I live in canada not Italy so I don't get it like the video is in english[DOUBLEPOST=1403563228,1403563168][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you sure they're not bullshitting you? I just googled the name, and in Italian, the name of the show is "L'attaco dei Giganti" not titani.

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I highly doubt it.

ThioJoe

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
First of all, I'm pretty sure that because YouTube is based in the US, YouTube is going to only care about US laws. If it's ACTUALLY fair use, you can certainly file an appeal. If they file a dmca complaint, you could file a counter DMCA and they'd have to sue you all the way from italy to get the video taken down. Like I said, you have to be sure it's actually fair use. You could take a risk and file an appeal and tell them to go pound sand which would probably work. No guarantee though.

Reactions: Styxie

TheVGViking

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Yeah, I've looked it up, that's not even the name the show goes by in Italy (mind you, I'm a little biased as that's sorta MY review they're targeting). The Italian name is L'attacco dei Giganti. I did do my research, the anime is not yet licensed in Italy. Meaning NO ONE holds the Italian rights to the footage used. At least, not yet, Dynit is in talks to bring it to the glorious nation of Italia. But as of the moment, nobody holds the rights to the anime, as there is no Italian version of it.

The manga is licensed by Panini Comics. A company the translates and publishes a variety of DC and Marvel comics in Italy.

So, either this guy works for the company who is rumored to be bringing the show to Italy, or he's full of s**t.
If I were a gambling man, and I am, I'd put my money on the latter option.

Oddly enough, I find every OTHER name the show has, is better translated than the English version. It almost always translates to "Attack of the Titans" or "Attack of the Giants".
Attack on Titan? So.... what? Saturn's moon is in trouble? Good, screw the b***h. Never shows up unless the other Sailor Scouts need her, and even THEN she's not entirely reliable.

A bit of humor to liven up the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.